4th AND 1: Who Do You Hand The Ball To?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by burnout2oo7, Aug 3, 2008.

1. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Of all the active running backs in the NFL, who would you choose to hand the ball off to in this key short yardage situation? While Brandon Jacobs is a tempting pick, I think I would have to go with Marion Barber. His nickname says everything about his running style and in the past couple of years, he has shown that he is one of the premier power running backs in the game. I also wouldn't mind having Jamal Lewis or Frank Gore in my backfield (and I think Jonathan Stewart will work his name into the mix by the end of the season) in this situation, but if my season depended on one 4th and 1 play, I would feel most confident giving the ball to Barber.

Your thoughts?

2. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

4th and 1 is a no-brainer. Maurice Jones-Drew. He's that low that there's no chance of the defence jumping over the top of the pile and stopping him.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I say jacobs just because hes so huge.

4. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Mike Sellers

5. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

i would have 2 agree! low center of gravity. he can carry a load

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

JJ is right. 4th and 1 is a no brainer and it would be LaDainian Tomlinson.

7. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I would pick Jones-Drew.

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I like MJD also but Fred Taylor's pretty good too. Burnout I am surprised you didn't at least mention Westbrook. How often does he get stopped for a loss?

9. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Marion Barber!

10. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

A pretty good amount of the times we send him up the middle (not always a loss, but plenty of no-gains). Westbrook is an ideal back for third and long, but otherwise, I'd rather run him outside, so he has a chance of improvising and/or getting to the sidelines. With the box stacked, his chances of getting yardage up the gut isn't as good as other backs in the league, imo.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jamal Lewis isn't a bad choice either. I read somewhere that he was the most successful RB in the redzone and in short yardage situations last season.

12. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

300 hundred pounds of JaMarcus Russel running straight up the middle is my pick.

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Haha....good choice Nate.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Very good choice. Lorenzen?

15. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

he is my backup option if JaMarcus gets stuffed you put him in at center and run the fumble rouski

16. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Marion Barber...

17. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

All you guys are calling a run, I'd fool you and go play action:icon_cheesygrin:

Seriously, Barber is a good call.

18. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Brandon Jacobs 6'4" 265 pounds of pure manchild. All he really has to do is take a step forward and fall forward and he's got the first down.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Marion Barber. I dare any defender in the NFL to tackle him one-on-one.

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Me too.

If I was forced to run it would be tough to choose between Jones-Drew and Barber.