All I Want To Know about the Ads on GIF

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by HailttRedskins, Apr 7, 2008.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Mac people... :rolleyes:

We get it, your computers are better.

2. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

wow....:icon_rolleyes:

3. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

Dial Back The F*cking Ads!

Seriously, you're taking the piss now.

I can't refresh a page, post a thread, open a forum, ANYTHING without the fecking thing crashing into a full-screen ad.

I understand the need to get revenue, and though they're a pain in the butt generally, i don't even mind the odd pop-up ad coming up, but you're taking the piss with the frequency at this stage.

I had to click past 3 just to post this

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I only get it once when I first come to the site and then I don't get it again.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Enable your cookies. [​IMG]

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Same here....only once.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It should pop up every 6 hours or so, that info is stored in a cookie, so my recommendation would be to enable cookies in your browser.

8. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Monie, it's definitely a cookie/cache problem at your end.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Adblock Plus is your friend. Works amazing.

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

One time here also......I expect an appearance by Sweets or SRW any minute now, and I doubt it will be nice. Plug your ears (or your eyes in this case) kids!:icon_eek:

12. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

My cookies are definitely enabled, and this is on two separate machines, one a mac and the other a laptop pc - both running firefox mind, any chance it's a FF issue?

13. Jammin Jaguar

Download AdBlockPlus for Firefox (it's an add-on) and you wont see an advert ever. I haven't seen one on Firefox for about 8 months.

14. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I only get on when I log on at home. Every six hours. I get no ads when I log on at work.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cracks me up when people who aren't regulars come in and snitch about the ads that help us pay the bills to keep you guys posting here...it also helps to scan this section before making YET ANOTHER thread about this. :rolleyes: it's not a FF problem, 90% of us have FF and see the full page ad once every 6 hours.

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The full page ad is supposed to show up once every six hours. If you are getting that then it's a cookies issue on your end. While using AdBlock is the quick solution it also hurts the site in the long run. The ads are there to help pay for the site and keep it running. It's not we are getting rich off the site at all. So using AdBlock only hurts the site in the long run. My suggestion would be to check your cookies settings and make sure you are allowing them from GridironFans.com and AdBrite.

17. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

i use Fire Fox and it works fine for me. the only time i've ever had an issue was a few months back when the Crackle ad kept crashing my browser, but i think it was because they had a video problem or something. i haven't had a problem since then.

i hate to be the site cheerleader, but the truth is this is one of the most ad-friendly sites i visit, meaning that it isn't plagued with non-stop ads up the ying-yang that slow down the browser and such. the site ads that pop up every six hours only happen for a second, and then you can go back to business as usual. and like Steve and Sweets have said, it helps pay the bills on the site.

18. Jammin Jaguar

How can it hurt the site in the long run? When those full-page ads pop-up all the users do is wait for that "skip this ad" button so they can press it. If the advertiser is paying you to keep paying the bills then they are doing, whether we have AdBlockPlus or not, right?

19. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

JJ, if the ad never pops up because of the adblockers then we don't get paid....we get paid each time the ad pops up

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Then you get paid a lot because here at work it pops up every 2 hours or something...I don't know what internet security they have, but it's ok...I don't mind it at all.