UFC 87: Seek And Destroy

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by dolphindude13, Aug 7, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

i was there when there was like 1000 people on, by the lesnar fight it was up to 8000, lol

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

There were about 2500 users when I first switched over to that feed, and it never got better...

3. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

After the Lesnar fight, my feed had 1000 less people on it for a title fight.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Isn't that goobered?

Dublin Mike almost left this thread during right before the title fight, but I convinced him it was worth staying around for...

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Yea its crazy, but its gotta be expected. Lesnar brings non MMA fans to a sport that has a massive cult following. Longtime fans will start talking about how X fought Y in Pride/UFC/WEC/IFL/KOTC etc back in 2004 all the while describing their technique etc. The new/casual fan doesn't know any of that so they come and go w/ names they recognize (Lesnar, Kimbo). They are exactly what the sport needs though. The more casual fans, the more casual fans turn fantatics in MMA. The more fans, more cash, more fighters, more fights = Everyone wins. Glad you convinced him to stay around to see GSP fight.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Good point Garnett!

I guess I shouldn't get too pissed at the bandwagon fans, as it will increase the caliber of the fighters the more of a fan base there is.