Predictions For Your Team

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Chrisbob, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

The season is almost upon us, how do you think your team will do? What players will make or break your season? Play-offs or not?

For the Redskins, I'm going to call 6-10. First off, I think the division is very strong and it's going to be a battle just to be competitive, secondly, with the schedule featuring all three NFC East opponent on the road in the opening 5 weeks and opening at home to the Saints, I think a bad start could hinder the season as a whole. 1-4 is very possible, even 0-5!

Jason Campbell is obviously the key and if he gets the scheme and produces quickly, then results can and probably will be a lot better. I like JC a lot, but I do have some doubts, especially when he double clutches a lot. In an offense such as this, where getting the ball out quick is so important, that could be his achilles heel. Zorn has backed him to the hilt, naming him the starter pretty much as soon as he got the head coaching gig and naming him a team captain but if he does struggle I get the feeling it wouldn't be long before Colt Brennan would get his chance. I'm not overly concerned about how inconsistent things were in pre-season, although the pass protection has to improve and it's part of the reason Jon Jansen has lost his starting job but a bigger factor will be having Portis play full time. He can carry this offense but he'll be much more effective if he doesn't have to and can be part of an attack rather than 90% of it.

With only 5 WR's on the roster and two of those Devin Thomas (who doesn;t look ready) and Malcolm Kelly (who is injured) I expect Cooley and Fred Davis to get lots of playing time, featuring in the 4 WR sets as a slot receiver too. One prediction from me is that Randle El will lead this team in receptions. He'll start in 2 WR sets but when it goes to 3 or 4 WR's he'll play the slot more and I think he can have a major impact from there.

Defensively, this team might struggle more against the run than in recent times, I think the loss of Phillip Daniels miss more important than some realize, he was our best run stopper on the line. Hopefully, the addition of Taylor will see an improved pass rush and result in more turnovers which is something this D still needs to improve upon.

Zorn gets a free pass in year one as long as the team is reasonably competitive and he doesn't look totally lost as well as signs his offensive system and play calling can be a winner down the line.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cowboys:

Divisions Champions, deep run into the play-offs. I'm not ready to say Super Bowl bound yet...the homer in me says this is the best damn team in the NFC, but first we must make it past a very tough division where the Eagles, Giants and even the Redskins, will give us a very good run, and of course, win a freaking play-off game.

I'm very concerned about our WR position. If, God forbids, T.O. goes down, we're doomed. The pass defense should improve a lot with the additions of Pacman and Jenkins, and I'm sure we'll see Felix Jones' name for the OROY talk, and maybe Romo's for MVP.

If everything falls into the right place, we should make it all the way to the Super Bowl, and once there do our best to top the AFC powerhouse that makes it there (Patriots, Chargers, Colts and maybe even the Steelers). I still think the AFC will take the Lombardi this year.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I'm going to guess 6-10 for the Fins. best case scenario would be 8-8 looking at their schedule but everything would have to go perfectly for that to happen. As bad as Miami was last year they lost 6 games by 3 points or less, which shows they were pretty competitive and not getting blown out everyweek as a 1-15 record would indicate. The key positions obviously are QB and RB as both spots last year weren't good at all. Kepping a healthy split of carries between Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams should help both stay healthy. Chad Pennington isn't flashy and doesn't have the big arm but he may be exactly what Miami needs because of his game management attitude.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

12-4 division winner im not going to jynx us and say superbowl but we have the talent to be successful. Our defense is going to be huge this year we have nice depth. Mcnabbs health is key for the offense westbrook is going to have another good year. If mcnabb could stay healthy and gets back to form watch out for us in the nfc.

5. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

10-6

I see the Giants doing well because once again underestimated.

7. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

[homer]11-5, make it to the super bowl because Slaton runs it for 1600 yards and 19 TD's and Andre breaks four NFL records.[/homer]

We have a QB who doesn't sack himself six times a game, quality receivers behind Andre, and then there's Mario and 'Meco and Okoye on defense... but our secondary is going to hold us back from taking over the division until Robinson can come back and perform close to what he was. We have Bennett behind him, then... :think: pretty much nothing exciting. Our special teams will probably win us at least one close game as it did twice last year (Miami and Jacksonville).

Final result: 9-7, 10-6 if Smithiak can find some FA gems, and about a 60% chance of a playoff berth.

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

8-8 for the Bills

9. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

5-11 for the chiefs or 6-10 :icon_smile:

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

11-5 and the playoffs.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Bears go 8-8, im happy.

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Dallas 12-4
    Washington 9-7

I havent broke down the Giants and Eagles schedule yet

13. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

I See Skins better than 8-8 but not better than 10-6

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wouldn't it have been a lot quicker to just post, 9-7? :icon_lol:

15. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Quick thinkin Dawk!:icon_cheesygrin:

16. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

8-8 or 9-7 miss playoffs

17. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

2-14. Our QB's and O-line suck major butt.

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

11-5 Division Champs and then playoffs.....who knows then?
    I thought the Browns and Bengals would be more of a threat this year but after watching all the off season garbage and unimpressive pre-season I don't think they will. I'm not sure the Steelers will get anywhere in the playoffs though. i think the Secondary can still be burned and not sure Willie's legs will be strong and fresh in the playoffs and for that matter the o-line my not gel this year and then....we go nowhere come playoff time.
    11-5 and playoffs but.....that's about all I see right now.

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

13-3

Run D could be this years pass D. I dont think it will be bad, its been top 10 2 years in a row, but I think not having "a legit 7 footer" will hurt us

Miles Austin Will be the #2 WR by week 10

Martellus Bennet will catch 30 passes

We will have a top 3 Pass defense, but a run D in between 10-15

We will have 50 sacks 20+ ints

Our offence will be in the top 2

Barber will not crack 1,000. His will get around the totals he got last year

Felix will have 700 rushing yards, and 500 reciving, and Choice will have 200 rushing yards

20. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i'm more incline to agree with the 50 sacks over the 20 INTs
    i see jones with about 13 TDs and 900 yards
    i see jones with about 1500 all purpose yards

choice idk, i dont see him getting alot of time