Real Reason Why Eagles May Be Back

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Jihad Joe, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

With all the talk about Mcnabb's hot start, and Desean Jackson, IMO the biggest factor in the Eagles offence play much better so far this year is the play of there offensive line

Back in 2006, the Eagles had what most people considered one of the best OL in the NFL. One common thing I saw in both Eagles games last year was that we got alot of heat on McNabb. It just didnt seem like there line was the same as in 2006. It really seemed tonight they gave Mcnabb all day on most play's against one of the better pressure defence in the NFL, and two of the best edge rushers. In the end Ellis and Ware made play's that won the game, but they were neutralized most of the game

IMHO, even more than McNabb's improved health, thats the biggest factor in the Eagles offence reinsurgence

2. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

The O-Line is very good but Andrews is injured. Hope this isnt bad.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Yup alot of good things come out of this game even with the loss. Its to bad that the next time we play it might not matter right before the playoffs.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

alot of good things ? obviously you're not including the defense or kick coverage team.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Liar...:icon_wink:

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

should be a good one this week ward. you making to the game ?

7. ball in the baskett

Yea but it wasent like we played a bad offensive team.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

i dont care if we played the 99 rams the defense sucked balls last night.

9. ball in the baskett

Yea they did but i expect us to fix our mistakes and play good d again. One good thing about our defense is run d top in the league. We have another huge test this week vs the steelers. Should be another good game.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's because we've only been rushed against 104 times.

11. ball in the baskett

Yea but you have to admit our d does a good job at stoping the run.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

my bad, we've only been rushed on 39 times.

basket - against the rams ? yes. last night ? no. not when it counted and trying to cling to this stat like you are is silly after said defense just gave up the game like that. they have a ton of work to do.

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The offensive line didn't play so great on that last drive.:icon_sad:

14. ball in the baskett

On that one play mcnabb had all day before he got sacked by ware. It was because mcnabb dident see anyone open.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

he did not have all day on that play. he was flushed out of the pocket very quickly.

16. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

baskett is classic!

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The blitz packages sucked balls. When Romo was pressured, he was throwing crap. See the Samuel interception and the duck he sailed over Barber's head when he was about to get creamed by Dawkins.

They've got Jason Witten, Terrell Owens, and Marion Barber. These are premier players in the league. If Romo has time, he will find them. The pressure needs to get there quick and often, and it didn't happen often enough last night.

18. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

He had a decent amount of time. They might have not given him all the time in the world, but you can't really put that sack on them. I give it to the Cowboys' pass coverage and the fact that McNabb couldn't figure out that he should have thrown the ball away.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

he was not able to step up into the pocket because of the push up the middle which allowed the de to get at him. granted he had nobody open (which is another issue) and should've got rid of the ball but the o-line failed more than once. my big issue with mcnabb beyond the fumbled exchange with westbrook was when he had 15yrds of open field in front of him and instead of running he elected throw into double coverage at a wr's feet.

one question i have for the coaching staff is why did we not adjust to what the cowboys defense was doing in the 2nd half and in particular the 4th quarter ? where were the screens ? where the heck was lj smith ?

we always seem to falter at the end when the game is on the line. it's a way of life with reid and mcnabb.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

89 wins and 57 losses is not ALWAYS faltering when the game is on the line

Otherwise your post is pretty spot on