Eagles Vs Cowboys MNF

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Sep 12, 2008.

?

Who will win this game?

1. Eagles

46.3%
  2. Cowboys

53.7%
  1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Thoughts:

Positives
    -DeSean Jackson is a stud. He is going to play a huge role for us this year. He made a dumb rookie mistake that won't happen again.
    -Westbrook was the MVP of our squad tonight (no surprise). Even when he doesn't have a spectacular game, I hate thinking about how the game would go without him.
    -O-line had it's ups and downs. Hard to pinpoint one person who excelled or struggled.
    -The D made some big plays in the first half.
    -Asante Samuel is a hell of a player. The guy knows how to cover, tackle, play the ball. He's looking like he is worth the contract.
    -TO Containment. Aside from the Considine heckup, we held TO in check for most of the game. Owens vs Dawkins is going to be a mismatch and they exposed it, but Barber is such a force on the goalline we had to load the box like that.

Negatives
    -Considine heckin stinks in coverage. This guy should only be allowed on the field to bring a different style blitz to the team or to stuff the run. Mikell is 5 times better than this guy.
    -The front 7 were beating up on Barber in the first half, but let him take over in the second half. Very disappointing.
    -Mcnabb. The later the game gets, the less I trust the ball in the guy's hands. First the awful fumble (I have no idea wtf he was trying to do here)... then the last drive. Ugh. I'm not talking the lateral, I'm talking the plays before it. Needed D-Mac in clutch time and he didn't show up.
    -Why was Booker not in on more plays? This guy can be explosive, he needs more than ONE TOUCH a game.

Very disappointing...

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

barber had a terrible game on the ground other than a couple runs.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

In the second half... when Dallas was drivin...

4. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Barber definitely came up big when the Cowboys needed it.

As for the McNabb fumble, I think it was supposed to be a reverse play. I didn't hear any of the PCs, but Desean (I think, could have been Lewis) was in motion in the play and McNabb pulled the ball away from Westbrook. Then, Westbrook continued to run without the ball as if he wasn't expecting it. I think McNabb timed it really poorly, started to pull away for the reverse, but then realized he wasn't going to get the ball out cleanly so tried to give it back to Westbrook hoping he would catch on to the improv. Only reason I can think of for McNabb pulling away.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

DEFINITELY needed more blitzes...

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Direct result of Romo having all freaking day to pass the ball... this happens when we don't get enough pressure on him...

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Looking back I firmly believe.... THIS is where it all went wrong for us.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The death nole sounds

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Like all that pressure Dallas had?

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

QFT Nice post
    Only thing I would change is i think you should give our O-line more credit...Mcnabb more often then not had time to brew a cup of tea and then pass

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I think three things in the end killed us...
    1) JJ dialing down the pressure just as Barber really got going, allowing short check down passes and dallas's running game to be too productive.
    2)McNabb's getting to psyched and making some bad over throws on the last drive
    3)THE FREAKING FUMBLE at the EXACT wrong time as far as momentum goes.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

As for next week...let the PA smack talk begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You heard it at GIF first folks... Limas Sweed is gay

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Great game last night...great game...

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

One hell of a game last night. I just can't help but wonder what would have happened if not for that McNabb fumble/miscomunnication. What the hell was that 4th down play? Throw it over the first down marker.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

wrong, wrong & wrong.

defense and kick coverage lost that game for us. you have no business losing a game when you score 37 points. none.

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

great game indeed ill give ya 30 and ot 37 bc of the pass interferance that shoulda been offensive int.

17. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

mmkay and they'll give you 34 and not 41 because of the wwf-style hold that bobby carpenter had on the kickoff return for touchdown :dunce:

18. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

There was bad calls both ways there was an obvious facemask on westbrook that was a no call.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

winnar

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

true i was mistaken