Bears QB Kyle Orton Ready For Anything

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by mike oxlong, Sep 14, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Because the Bears rushed for 183 yards in Week One, they can expect to see more defenders positioned closer to the line of scrimmage, daring them to throw the ball, starting today. That's just fine with quarterback Kyle Orton. "We should have some good situations to throw the football," he said. "We'll take what they give us and try to execute the best we can. They stacked it against us last week. So, if they're stacking the box, then we'll throw the ball. If they're sitting back and playing the pass, then we'll try to run it on them." Because he's only 25 and will be starting just his 20th NFL game today, Orton can expect most teams to come after him with blitz packages designed to confuse him or force him to throw the ball sooner than he'd like. "I think teams definitely look at him as a young quarterback," said Bears coach Lovie Smith. "It's his second start of his second go-round (as the No. 1 quarterback). They'll look at him like that most of the year. The Colts aren't a big blitz team, but we assume we'll get blitzed each week. That seems to be the 'in' thing to do against the Chicago Bears, and hopefully we'll be ready for it."

Source: Daily Herald

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They saw a lot of 8 in the box last week too, and it didn't stop them. I don't think that planning against a pass attack has ever crossed the minds of anyone facing the Bears or who is anticipating facing the Bears.

3. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

0 TD's in 2 games. Time for Rex again.

This just shows you why Orton has absolutely no business being a #1 QB.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

WHAT? Kyle Orton is the bestest. Screw Rex!

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Forte = Baller

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'd rather have Kyle Orton throw no TD passes the have another certain QB throw INTs. COUGH Rex Grossman COUCH!

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Kyle Orton was qb when the Bears beat the Colts and they just played a good game against the Panthers and Bears88 wants him gone?.....lol

8. DaBearsrule4ever

Bears88 is a Rex Grossman mark, lol.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Well....If I were a Bears fan I'd be happy with what I've seen from Orton and the Bears so far. Especially compared to last year.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Oh god yeah, I agree. Before Grossman got benched after week three last year, I think he had 1 TD pass and 6 INTs.

11. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Both Rex and Kyle suck. I'm sick of people acting like Orton is doing anything other than hurting the team by being a douche who can only throw for about 150 yards per game. And don't get me started on turnovers, he should have thrown at least two TD passes the wrong way against Carolina but as luck would have it, Kyle's throws are so horrible not even the defenders can catch them.

12. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

And it just gets worse today. 2 picks already today and only 61 yards through the air. Defenses know they can pressure him without having to respect the deep ball at all. It is not going to get any better. Sooner or later Kyle will get benched for Rex, then Rex can suck too. Maybe we'll see Caleb Hanie by the end of the season.

The Bucs don't seem to need Jeff Garcia at the moment, make a trade. Garcia is at least capable of looking the role of competent NFL QB.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

that's why he was benched for Griese, lol

14. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

:icon_redface:

Outside of his wasted years in Detroit and Cleveland, I still say Garcia has been a decent NFL QB. I've heard the situation is Tampa is more of a case of Garcia and Gruden not seeing eye to eye on some things.

Okay excuse me while I go drink a lot. Maybe I can forget the Bears are even playing. :icon_confused:

15. DaBearsrule4ever

One thing the coaches need to put a squash on is Kyle Orton acting like Peyton Manning with those autoables at the line. That was two weeks ago and Orton has gotten too cocky with that crap.

Where was Garcia in overtime to throw an interception so the Bears can return it for a TD? LMAO

16. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Haha dude I think you just summarized several hundred pages of the Bears thread on Fanatix talk related to QBs in one quick, convenient, easy to read paragraph. Especially my favorite "his deep passes are so inaccurate they can't even be intercepted" line.

My friend texted me last week talking about "I told you to give Kyle a chance" (I haven't pulled the plug on him yet despite what she seems to think) and I had to tell her that it was the freaking Lions. It's going to take a lot more than that to convince me... those unproductive 166 yard games where he completes 2 passes over 12 yards, or ones where his stats are fluffed by acrobatic Lloyd catches that would sail over most guys, or Matt Forte busting out an extra 11 yards on a checkdown won't cut it.

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

What's Orton's record as a starter?......just askin'

18. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Orton is a str8 up BALLA! Bears88 style...

19. DaBearsrule4ever

2005: 10-5
    2007: 2-1
    2008: 3-2

15-8, not too shabby.

20. lostfan

lostfan Starter

FWIW, Grossman's (I'm not a Grossman backer but I hate it when people count wins as an achievement for a QB, so I have to do this):
    2003: 2-1
    2004: 1-2 (counting Minny loss since he played almost the whole game and was injured at the end)
    2005: 1-0 (not counting ATL game which was a W)
    2006: 13-3
    2007: 2-4 (not counting OAK where he played most of the game after Griese got hurt and they won, or WAS where he was hurt early on and they lost)

Total: 19-10
    So his winning percentage as a QB is only a tick below Orton's as of right now. Also should come with a caveat - both QBs played on excellent teams in '05 and '06, and the Bears in 2007 were horrible.