Bruce Springsteen To Perform At Super Bowl Halftime Show

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ravenfan52, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform in the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLIII Halftime Show on NBC at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Sunday, February 1, the NFL and NBC announced Sunday. Springsteen and his crew join an esteemed list of recent halftime acts that includes the Rolling Stones, U2, Paul McCartney, Prince and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Source: NFL.com

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Way to stay on top of the news!

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Boob Costas shocked the world!

4. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

this will be the greatest half time show in history

5. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

ravenfan accurate on the second AGAIN

6. ravenfan52

thanks hh and cp. it is a great feeling when you know you're LITERALLY the first person in the WORLD to break the story online. oh gtg lloyd.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

My own fantasy SB halftime show

James Hetfield getting the Gillotine to the tune of Unforgiven 3

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Lol I knew this was an RF52 thread before I even saw the author name...only he would make the mistake of spelling "SPRINGSTEEN" as "Springstein". BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IS NOT JEWISH LMAO. :laughing1:

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

:icon_rolleyes:

I moved this to the right forum since this is not really what we are looking for in our NFL news headline section.

I guess it'll be another halftime show where they go with the safe geriatric rocker type.....

10. ravenfan52

:icon_redface:

btw just updated the lloyd thread he's done for the night and my FF team has 3 points from him. don't understand why it's not a headline but no use fighting it out what's done is done w/e. mcnabb throws a pick!

steve surprised this was that big a deal get the feeling you're kinda mad not totally sure why (haven't read your pm yet).

11. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

what are you talking about?? sure prince was a stretch, but bruce kicks ass

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Bruce sucks, yes you heard it here first.....Nothing will come close to Prince's halftime Super Bowl show...EVER!!!!!!

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bruce rocked maybe 15-20 years ago tops. Now? He's a nostalgic act that people hang on to at best.

14. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

nostalgic. sorry, i have to disagree. im 16 and he is awesome. the only thing im naustalgic about is pokemon

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He sucked 25 years ago...lol

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ass he may kick, but he is undeniably safe, unquestionably geriatric, and as you obviously agree with, a rocker. So what's wrong with that statement?

17. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Here is his set almost guaranteed

-Dancing in the Dark
    -Born In USA
    -Born to Run

I say almost because he might try to surprise us with Glory Days. I'll praise his name forever if he does the Ghost of Tom Joad. Not that I like it, In fact his version puts me to sleep, I just think it would be funny

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Sixteen and an eagle fan???....well no wonder you like Springstein...opps Springsteen

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Springsteen makes me feel young again.

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:word: