Hmmmm ... Did The Ball Break The Plane ?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Oct 3, 2008.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The ball looked like it was on the line, thats it. If it's on the line, it's no good.

3. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

The ball definitely broke the plane. I am not familiar with the play was it for a 1st down, td, or what?

4. DaBearsrule4ever

It was for a TD on 4th down.

Oh well, theres nothing that can be done anyway.

5. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Incorrect. If any part of the ball is on the line, that is called breaking the plane. I mentioned that I thought he got in in the gameday thread and then Ward or someone was like it wasn't even close. This was a TD.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

Isn't it time for the Eagles to move onto the Redskins? The ball did not break the plane, simple as that. Atleast thats how it was ruled. If I were a referee, I would not have ruled that a TD either especially if the ball wasn't even in the end zone.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

unfortunately the eagles did move on, instead of calling for a review. clearly looking at this pic the play was a touchdown and the decision not the review it cost us the game.

you should send reid a thank you card.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It would have never been overturned, I say he didn't score..

9. DaBearsrule4ever

There was 3:40 (or somewhere in that ballpark) left in the game anyway. Had that been ruled a TD, there was still plenty of time to drive down the field for a TD for a game tying FG at worst.

Maybe Andy Reid thought Buckhalter never got in (which I still say no TD) and nobody from upstairs told him to challenge it?

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

again, it's clearly a TD looking at that pic. that's not opinion, that's fact based on the rules.

it fair to assume the bears would've had a hard time doing anything considering they had to punt on the next possesion.

my point really is that reid and the coaching staff failed once again like they usually do.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Thats fine, i'm not changing what I said either. You can keep repeating yourself, it's going to do you no good with me.

As for the next possesion, all it would take was one long pass to say Desmond Clark and they they would be quite possibly in FG range for Robbie Gould depending where they start that possesion at.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

fine, and you can keep being wrong.

you can also say the sky is red all you want, it doesn't make you right but you can keep saying it.

13. ravenfan52

Eagles have moved on, fans haven't. This is CLEARLY a TD. Just look at that. The ball is directly above the goal line. That's a touchdown. I was rooting for the Bears, but that is a touchdown. Crowned, surprising that you say it wasn't a touchdown....

Super Bowl XL

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Smeagle you know theres no way in hell they would have overturned that based on the replays we seen

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Thats your opinion. I believe i'm right and thats that.

16. ravenfan52

NO ONE CARES ABOUT WHO WOULD HAVE WON WE ONLY CARE ABOUT WHETHER IT WAS A TD OR NOT THE CALL HAS TO BE MADE RIGHT EVEN IF IT'S 35-0.

17. DaBearsrule4ever

Read my first post on the second page. This applies to anyone that tries to keep repeating their self to me.

Your caps lock key stuck?

When you talk to me, don't raise your voice, thats not the best thing, that only starts a war.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

t.v. never shows all the angles. this one though, was available for the eagles coaching staff. they failed.

19. DaBearsrule4ever

True, the evidence has to be conclusive. Who knows if that call had been challenged that they would have taken a look at the play from that angle anyway.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's not opinion. read the rules. touchdown.

they look at all the angles in a challenge. touchdown.