McNabb Says Eagles Are Still Better Than The Skins

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by CP26, Oct 6, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

In his recap of the Eagles-Redskins game, fellow FanHouser and Eagles fan Enrico Campitelli shared Donovan McNabb's assertion that the Eagles were better than the Redskins even though they lost today.Even after all of this, the Redskins are still not respected.All Washington did was beat the Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys and Eagles in a row.

Source: NFL Fan House

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Right now hes in denial

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Ok, and since we're better than the Eagles, that makes us better than the Redskins :moe:

Seriously, McChoke...STFU.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:yeahthat:

The comments are no big deal though. I wouldn't want my QB saying that other teams are better, even if they are.

5. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

STFU and go eat some chunky soup

6. nlsmike

nlsmike NLS Owner

What the hell is he supposed to say? Yeah we suck they are better than us? He did not come off and make his comments at the right time though.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Then why play the freaking games? Just handle the Lombardi to the Iggles already, since they're way better than any other team (according to themselves :icon_rolleyes: )

8. nlsmike

nlsmike NLS Owner

Like I said what do you want him to say "We suck and everyone is better then us"? Come on man.,

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He should shut the heck up. That's what he should do.

10. nlsmike

nlsmike NLS Owner

lol, I guess thats true as well that way he would not make TJ so angry

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It happened last year. Right after the Patriots kicked our asses, there was Crayton telling everyone "They're not that good, we can beat them"...dude, you got your butt handed to you, and lost by 3 scores...Shut the heck up!!!

I hate it when players do that...as you can see, no matter which team they play fore.

12. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

You just tell it straight and say you wern't good enough on the day.

I wouldn't expect him to say the Redskins are better but he shouldn't disrespect them either.

13. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I have no issue with him saying something to try and keep belief on his team, I'll just take the result thank you very much.

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Why would you say that after losing to them? :rollinglaugh:

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Redskins are better until you prove otherwise Donovan...

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Uhhh, can I get a quote from him or something?

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

That's exactly what he did. During his post game press conference he said:

On whether he is embarrassed with the loss: "I was embarrassed these last two weeks. I mean to two teams we shouldn't have lost to. When you make mistakes and you don't capitalize on opportunities things like this happen. There is no way that you can look at this game and say that, and not taking anything anyway from them, but there is no way that this team is better than us. The same went for last week and then you find yourself here wondering why. It's going to be a week in which you got to look at yourself and not look at anybody else. You have to ask yourself, 'Did you do the job?,' and sometimes you have to go through that process. It's better that you go through it now, but there's no reason for us to be going through that right now."

On whether he thinks the Redskins are a better team because of their win at Dallas:
    "It doesn't make a difference. We capitalized on it. It doesn't matter if they beat the Cowboys. We should've beat the Cowboys. Does that make them a better team because they beat them? Not really. They beat us last year and then we beat them at Washington so does that mean that they were better than us earlier in the year and we were better later? I don't see it that way."

18. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

god, u dont know how bad i want to tape his freaking mouth shut

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I have no problem at all with what 5 said. He's pretty much dead on if you ask me. We are the better team, we didn't get it done, they did.

20. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

thats all true, but he really didnt have to say anything at all...