Bears QB Kyle Orton Ready For Anything

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by mike oxlong, Sep 14, 2008.

1. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

at the beginning of the season I was worried that we only had Orton and Grossman as our vet QB's,I thought we should have forked out the money for a FA QB...I was wrong.Orton has proven that he is da man in Chicago..the guy is a cool leader,not getting shaken when sacked and moving the ball well.All we need now is a stand out receiver..Lloyd and Davis looking good and a even few sightings of Booker as well.

2. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Orton still has a ways to go before he "proves" anything (remember beginning of '06 for Rex?). I mean, seriously, anybody who is unable to drop at least 250 yards vs. the Lions should be euthanized.

3. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I just hope Kyle can keep playing well for a full season. It would be nice to have a little stability at QB for one season.

4. Bearsfan5434

Bearsfan5434 Special Teamer

yesterday's clutch throw I think seals the deal for me ... Orton played very well yesterday. Piss poor defensive play cost us that game ... WTF was our corner doing on that last play??? Why did he stay up play the flats???????????????? FECK!!!

5. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

...and why the heck did we squid kick it,when we could have kicked it in the end zone for a touchback...

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Orton played well. He certainly can't be blamed for that loss. The squib kick killed them. Kick it deep and let the return man run out most of the clock or touchback. Chances of them returning the kick are what...??
    Orton's maturing and that's something you all didn't see in Grossman even when they went to the bowl. You never knew which Rexie would show up.

7. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Orton still can't put 4 quarters together.

So, stop acting like he's so damn good.

8. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

seems like you been drinking the Orton gatorhate.....what gives?

Orton has play well,hasnt hecked any games up for us unlike our well hyped Defense has.

9. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

Even with bad stats, Grossman got the shaft. You bench your starting QB the season after a SB with three games in? They should have traded him and saved him the humiliation. That crap was just wrong.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Neither can Grossman, so whats your point? If you say he took us to the Super Bowl two years ago, that may be true but do you remember how he played in that game?

Bears88 may be drinking the Kyle Orton gatorhate BUT he's been drinking the Rex Grossman kool aid for way too long and appearlenty still likes it.

Grossman's stats wern't that great during our Super Bowl year, 23 TD passes, 20 INTs. Even though he's yet to take a snap this year, i'm still sold that Grossman is done in Chicago once this season is over.

11. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Keep it going Kyle. I somewhat trust you now. :icon_eek:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I called it back in July...Orton is the man!!!

:laughy32:

13. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

I can't believe I made an Orton sig.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

go through this thread and see how the feelings change, its hilarious

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Orton's stats are not great but atleast he is not making the dumb mistakes Grossman would.

16. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Well it is a "show me" situation and he seems to have found some consistency that he lacked earlier in the season. Kyle's deep ball has improved and his confidence has grown. If he can keep it up for a full season. good for him. I'll give him credit. It doesn't change the fact his deep ball and consistency was shaky early on.

17. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

For the record, Orton regressed again.

His deep ball is garbage unless playing in a dome or perfect outdoor weather. He has some moxie but he still makes the bad throws that plagued Rex but nobody drills him on it like they did Rex.

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

DA BEARS!

19. DaBearsrule4ever

Well, if Orton starts to make the same kind of mistakes Rex does when healthy, then he will get drilled like Rex. Just give it time.

20. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

TBH Orton isnt are future,he isnt a great QB,but a good 2nd string IMO