'08 Series A Loser In TV Ratings

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Roy31, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The 2008 World Series was a home run in Philadelphia, but it scored a big, fat K in the ratings scorebook nationwide. That's the strikeout symbol, sports fans, and, undermined by Saturday's rain-delayed Game 3 marathon that didn't end until Sunday morning, this year's Phillies-Tampa Bay matchup had the lowest national ratings ever for a World Series. The margin wasn't close

Source: Philly.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I heard on Comcast that the ratings before the second half of Game 5 were 20% less than the lowest ratings ever...

Seriously...other than Philadelphia, who's going to have an interest in that series?

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

No surprise here.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im pretty sure redsox phillies would have alot more viewers who wants to watch tampa. If we dident make it i wouldent mind watching sox dodgers either manny vs his old team.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Don't get too high and mighty...just about as many people want to watch Tampa as want to watch the Phillies.

6. ball in the baskett

I doubt that, we have alot of entertaining homerun hitters and have had 2 mvps in the last 3 years.

7. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I hope this trend continues and MLB eventually is sent to TBS-hell for World Series coverage.

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Red Sox Cubs would have been a dream series for MLB.

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Neither team attracts much interest outside of their home towns. Few baseball teams do.

Hey SRW, look at this....
    World Series between the Rays and Phillies gotrecord-low ratings - 2008 MLB Playoffs - SI.com

Ratings have definitely been declining consistently for a decade

10. ball in the baskett

lol if you dont like baseball dont watch and stop whineing.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Where is the fun in that?
    I like baseball... right up until training camp starts :applausec:
    then it needs to go away

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Houston Vs Texas world series would have been orgasmic!

13. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

See & I wouldn't have been interested at all.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

As I was one of 2 million or so people at the parade yesterday I said to my friend, "Look at this crowd. Hard to believe nobody else across the country cared.".

16. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

look, i watch the WS every year regardless of whose in it. im a baseball fan. alot of people arent. if they cant enjoy the game i enjoy so much thats there problem, not mine

17. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I'll watch if it's on but I don't put my life on hold like I did with this Series.

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I can't recall the last world series I watched in it's entirety..... this year was the most I have watched in years as I was having fun bustin balls here..... even if the O's made it I doubt I would watch every pitch.

19. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

ill tell ya why the rating were down, they had joe buck and that other guy doing comentary. they shoudl let the local guys do the games. could you imageint this in the world series??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIGIPxGgXD4]YouTube - Chris Wheeler: Dancing Queen[/ame]

20. apocalypsehoboke

apocalypsehoboke Psych Ward Resident

I was going to say....two words would have raised the ratings, Chicago Cubs