DeAngelo Hall Traded To The Raiders For 2nd Round Pick

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by WarEagle, Mar 15, 2008.

1. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

freaking a this is why i didn't want to get my hopes up at first

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea I think it'll still happen if not though thats a snitch for you nate.

3. nastynate184

yea it is but come straight down to it i would rather spend the money to lock up Nnamdi long term

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Nnamdi's coming to SF, I just know it......

like I said earlier...It could happen!!!

5. nastynate184

yes it could but i sure as hell don't want it to. crazy al is giving everyone crazy money he should have no problem make Nnamdi the highest paid corner ever if need be

6. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

If it goes through, thats a damn good deal.

Meanwhile, it leaves Atlanta without a solid corner.

7. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Regardless of who the Falcons have brought in this off-season... I still think they've hecked themselves right over. There's now way you can improve a team whilst getting rid of almost every half-decent player they had. I can see a #1 pick coming for the Falcons next season sadly.

8. happ

happ PECAVI

Falcons want to play a lot of zone with the corners, not Hall's strong suit. He was going to leave next year anyhow, at least we get a draft pick in return for him with this trade. I would bet that we draft Cason or some other zone corner in the second or third round. I'm glad they are finally pulling the trigger on this deal, though it wouldn't surprise me if Hall botches it with his big mouth. The Raiders are going to regret this deal when he turns their locker room inside out.

If this trade doesn't go down, it's because of Hall's ego/mouth. You may be better off if it didn't. I'm pretty happy to be rid of him.

9. nastynate184

that won't be anything new for us we just got rid of randy moss after all

10. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

While at first i'm not happy with hall leaving it does make sense.
    He was leaving next year for nothing so it's best to get rid now in return for something. And as happ said, we are going to be running alot of zone - Cover 2 D now - Hall in no way fits this scheme and struggles in zone.

I would bet we start CB#1/2 as Houston/Jimmy Williams, both of whom are big enough hitters and fit cover-2 very well. And i would hope we take a look at Brandon Flowers in thee 2nd or Chevis Jackson in the 3rd as a good #3 CB.

The trade also gives us ammo to get a 2nd 1st and still have 2 2nd rounders...this draft will decide our franchise's future for the next 5-10 years imo, whether or not we traded D-hall will not.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Bingo Chevis Jackson will be a great #3 in the NFL, I don't think he will ever be a 1 or 2 though.

12. nastynate184

if getting D Hall is going to cost me Nnamdi heck that Nnamdi is a lot better then Hall ever will be

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

never been a fan of hall. big mouth ok nfl talent.

14. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I think he'll be great with a good pass rush in front of him. I won't miss his incessant snitching.

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

not a good move, as it turns out, a horrible one

more like franchised again, meaning that hall sucked so bad, that they cut him so that they could franchise nmadi

no, samuel destroys hall

not now that it's obvious they are going to franchise nmadi

not a good deal, a terrible one for oakland, Atlanta's secondary is better off without him.

Great call Happ, rep for you, and you guys ended up using that pick along with one from houston to move back into the first to get Baker which is a much better player for your team than a useless DeAngelo Hall.

I tried to give you rep Happ, but it said this:

Sorry, you cannot give reputation to this post.

I have no idea why.

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Probably because it's an old post...

17. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

How insightful..

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

19. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 86WARD
    I would say that the Eagles defense is a downgrade from the Patriots D and the Raiders D and upgrade over the Falcons D. So if Samuel was "over-rated" with the Patriots, what's that mean for him with the Eagles? If Hall has a better pass rush in front of him than he had with the Falcons, you would think his upside potential is more than what Samuel has...right?

no, samuel destroys all

Samuel : 19 tackles 16 solo 3ast 0 sacks 14 pass def 3 ints in 8 games

Hall : 48 tackles 43 solo 5 ast .5 sacks 14 pass def 3 ints in 8 games

Yeah it looks like total destruction to me specially in the tackle category. Maybe Ill look up some of your bogus predictions, wait i have a life and dont have that kind of time. Pay more attention to your wife Eagle fan.

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

count how many times they throw in samuel's direction vs how many times teams throw in hall's direction, please, are you serious that you don't know that already.

also hall has more tackles because

A. they love to throw on him, which gives him more opportunities to get tackles,
    B. RB's run free in the secondary far more often against oakland, which requires the CB's to make more tackles.

Find me the stat how many times has hall been burned vs. how many times samuel has been burned. I am 100% sure that Hall has been burned on a regular basis.

Samuel has the same amount of int's with WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less attempts thrown his way

The reason: offenses respect samuel and his ability much more than hall's. Throwing up useless stats without actually delving into the meaning of these stats shows ignorance.

nice try, he's soooo great that they cut him, bwaaahhhhhhhh