If You Could Pick An MVP Of The Season Thus Far

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BettorFan, Nov 23, 2008.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Kurt Warner

2. dpn

dpn 18to44

Considering all he has done with all the injuries including his own and the fact that the Colts are in the thick of the payoff race inspite of all that, I am going to be a homer and say Peyton Manning. Warner has trouble winning against quality teams and Brees' team, though not his fault, is really stuggling. P Manning has carried the team to victory several times.

Others would be Eli Manning and possibly Brett Farve

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Actually at this point I think Favre should get some mention......his stats aren't eye-popping like Brees or Warner but where would the Jets be without him? I think Brees is basically eliminated with the Saints record now. Warner.....I'm still reserving judgement.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

These are my four contenders in no particular order at this point in the season...

Eli Manning
    Peyton Manning
    Brett Favre
    Kurt Warner

If I had to vote to day, I would go with Eli Manning. reason being the division he is playing in is very tough and the kid is playing really well. Kurt Warner would be second imo, but I wouldn't argue against Favre or Peyton...

5. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Why is it all QBs?

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I feel like Clinton Portis, who I was a big supporter of, has fallen off a little bit these last few games...with the exception of the Seattle game...

7. Ridin Burgundy

I know Portis has fallen off but I was thinking about each of the teams you mentioned, like what about Jones or Jenkins for the Jets? or the Giants backfield?
    (i just get sick of it being all about QBs)

8. dolphindude13

QB's are the "norm" unless you just get an outstanding performance like Terrel Davis, Shaun Alexander or Tomlinson had. No RB is having that kind of season imo.

9. Ridin Burgundy

and I always think thats wrong, especially as D players never get any consideration ever though the 'experts' always spout all their crap about defense winning championships.

10. dolphindude13

I actually agree with ya on that.....Can't remember who I had the arguement here about a month ago but I was saying that defensive guys should get consideration for MVP....and he was saying ...no that's why they have a DPOY.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree...defensive players get overlooked on a consistent basis...

Didn't Lawrence Taylor win it???

12. Ridin Burgundy

Yep, in 1986 other than that its almost always a QB or RB.

I also think they should take whole units into consideration mainly an OL like the Giants this year who have been by far the most impressive group on the Giants roster this year,

13. dolphindude13

So someone should be making a case for Haynesworth as MVP then.....:dontknow:

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Hate to be a homer, but i think as of now, Romo should be considered

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't even think he is lock for DPOY anymore with how Porter, Harrison, Polamalu and Ware have been playing...

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I still gotta favor Fat Albert IMO. Because of the position he plays he wont outstat the LB/DE's, but he is one of the guys that will make a defence formidable by himself

To me he is the Most Valuable Defensive player

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Are any RB's really having an outstanding year this year? Not trying to be sarcastic here...I'm serious....haven't really been paying a lot of attention to them as the Chiefs RB's suck this year....but isn't LT having a really bad year as well? I don't even know who's in the lead as far as rushing yards go right now. :icon_cheesygrin:

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Tony roMO or drew brees or bret farve

bc if they dont play with there teamsn there tema s fail

19. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Clinton Portis or Drew Brees....

20. BettorFan

BettorFan Starter

I think Brees will ultimately grab it.