Yankees Sign AJ Burnett

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

BRONX, NEW YORK (TICKER)A.J. Burnett apparently is set to join CC Sabathia as high-priced pitchers in pinstripes.

Burnett and the New York Yankees agreed in principle to a five-year, $82.5 million contract Friday, according to multiple reports.

Source: Yahoo Sports

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Screw.......I hope they choke on that payroll. We can all hope for a 3rd place finish again.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think they will finish 2nd behind the sox and the rays fall to 3rd.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

WTF...heck the Yankees. They'll have another Epic Fail.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

damn
    I was hoping the Braves landed AJ

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Screw the yankees and heck baseball

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I heard the yankees are going to go after sheets also. If that happens then watch out.

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

all the big names in the world dont mean youll win

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Big names no, but big talent can help.

10. dolphindude13

Not if that talent doesn't mesh and become a team in the locker room. It doesn't work in any sport, and definitely baseball over 6 months and 162+ games.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I agree DD. This is what Torre was good at, managing egos. We get to she what Joe G has in him.

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

CC is so overrated, he basically had one good year in the AL and a great run for the brewers, me is one step above mediocre. Burnett will be on the DL by may at the latest. The Yankees have spent 245 million on a crapshoot. I see them failing miserably on the risk.

13. dolphindude13

I disagree on Sabathia Mike, I'm not a big fan of his but the complete games alone make him a valuable asset.....he's not worth that money imo but who is? If either of the 2 is vastly overrated I think it would be Burnett.....excellent stuff but there's something missing there to me, besides the injury prone factor.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

take out his one good year in cleveland and his run in milwaukee (13 of his 26 career complete games) then the stats are average, imo

15. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

i hope the yankees will fail and then i will :laughy32:and drink beer :icon_lol:

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Why? The Mets a trying the same thing without success. The Mets brought in K rod and he is not going to be close to anything he was last season, then they traded for Putz to be a set up man, but who knows how long he can stay happy.

17. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

true but who cares ? :icon_cheesygrin:

NFL > MLB < NHL :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_wink:

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yea you got me there.:icon_cheesygrin:

19. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yup, so do I. $243.5 million spent on two pitchers alone, ridiculus.