Larry Fitzgerald VS Calvin Johnson. Who Would You Take

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Apr 5, 2009.

?

Who would you rather have right now

1. Larry Fitzgerald

36.4%
  2. Calvin Johnson

63.6%
  1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

oh yeah and johnson also led the league in yards too

2. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

Brandon Marshall is more physically talented than Andre Johnson. andre Johnson is more consistant and has more production. It is hard for me to consider my own Reggie wayne as elite. He runs good routes, but he is not physical, does not have any moves, and is not as prolific as Marvin. Andre Johnson is like Wayne, Wes Welker and many others. Ulta productive, more consistant. But they won't blow you away

Johnson did not get a lot of TD's he is not a huge threat in the red zone. He is untra productive, but he is not super athletic or a great red zone threat

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Your freaking high

4. mike oxlong

that statement is wrong and a contradiciton in itself. Marshall is marginally bigger than johnson, but if you would watch a game, johnson will take on 3 guys and make the play. He outs his body on the line 100%. yeah leading the league in catches and yards by a wide margin have 7 games with over 10 catches while playing half the season with a backup QB won't blow you away. Seriously, dude, you are just digging a deeper hole and only sound more ignorant with each post you make.

5. Jihad Joe

So I guess a guy that is 230 LBs and runs a 4.4 flat (yes eraser a 4.4) isnt "athletic"

A 41 inch verticle isnt "athletic"

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

reggie wayne has been better than harrison since the day he walked in....peyton was always more comfortable with harrison (for a while)

brandon marshall is good but hes far from great in anything other than ppr leagues...saying hes more physically gifted than andre johnson makes my head hurt.

comparing andre johnson, reggie wayne and wes welker might be the god **mn dumbest thing ive heard all day....you are comparing them in terms of fantasy football, in which case houshmanzahdeh needs to be in this discussion

7. mike oxlong

now you are just drunk or on drugs. You know marhsall had cutler for the whole year and only had 6 TDs, while johnson had eight with a backup for half the year. you sound like a fool

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Are you high? I saw first hand Johnson's physical talent, just as Bell as Johnson ripped away his game ending interception. Marshall more physical? How is it that he was shut down by the likes of Andre Goodman and Will Allen? You make as much sense as a cordless bungy jump.

9. mike oxlong

I swear this dud is related to baskett.

10. theeraser21

Wayne was awful his first couple of seasons. The last two-three years wayne has been better

you can add him too. They are players who are ultra productive, but are not the top physically gifted receivers in the game

Marshall missed a couple games

11. Jihad Joe

Andre Johnson = Percy Harvin, Felix Jones

Mark It Down

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Talking to yourself again???

I'd take Calvin over Fitzgerald for the long haul. If I needed one or the other based on past experience to get me to the big dance, I'd take Fitzgerald today. I think ultimately CJ will be the better player.

13. mike oxlong

1 game. stop backpeddling. you continue to sound more and more foolish. just admit you were wrong

14. theeraser21

Percy Harvin is like Devin Hester, inconsistant speed guys. Don't tell me that Harvin won't be inconsistant in the NFL

15. K Train

right ultra productive...housh, welker, marshall

ok now incredibly talented....andre, calvin, fitz

all good recievers, but their is an extreme difference between the 2 sets

16. theeraser21

exactly we are on the same page now

17. K Train

lol read the first post

but you JUST said andre wasnt talented or athletic, he was just productive

18. mike oxlong

nice, totally changing the subject. proof #1 that you are wrong, have been wrong, are backpeddling and will continue to backpeddle.

you still haven't addressed that johnson led the league in yards and receptions and still had 8 TD's, only 4 off the league lead with a backup QB for a lot of the season. You say things like johnson isn't a red zone threat, when the whole world knows that just bullcrap. just admit you really don't know what you are talking about.

19. Jihad Joe

At least there is one consensus here

But is that a coked up rant, or stoner logic?

Thats the real question

You completely missed my point

20. K Train

LOL at the harvin comment....