Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey Sits After Struggles

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, May 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

After a rough morning practice that included dropped passes and counsel from Jeff Garcia, Raiders rookie wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey mostly watched during the second session. The No. 1 draft pick, who at one point Saturday morning was being worked on by the training staff for an apparent cramp, went through some drills but did not participate in any seven-on-seven or team drills. Raiders coach Tom Cable, who addresses the media once in the afternoon, declined to update Heyward-Beys status. He said hell get into it tomorrow, senior executive John Herrera said.

Source: Oakland Tribune

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Whoa... everyone has a bad day, right....?

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

shoulda taken crabs

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

he is a rook getting used to the new level no concern

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Good thing they dident take crabtree or maclin :buttrock:

6. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Odd there wasnt an article after he had a amazing day one in camp ? freaking haters.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

reports also say russell looks awful so thats something to be concerned about wayyy more than this

8. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

maybe russell is making DHB look bad ......

9. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Russell really needs to improve on his accuracy. Here is getting a good chance to work on it.

10. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

I second that!!! High Five to the teams with the winning WRS outta that draft.!!!!!

Look at it this way raiders fans. He is fast, so after he drops the ball, he can run to coach, get snitched out and get back in the huddle to do it again before everyone else is given the next play.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Yes! Congrats Giants and Browns!

12. K Train

[​IMG]

13. Jihad Joe

Robo/Nicks/Britt/Thomas >>>>> Crabtree/Maclin/DHB/Harvin

IMO Maclin is the only "tier one" WR that doesnt scream failure

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:beerchug:

15. Jihad Joe

Coming from a spread offence, I think he could have more of a curve than Robo, Nicks, Thomas and Britt. But he doesnt come in with serious questions like Crabtree, DHB, and Harvin. He will be a top WR in about 3 years, but he might not due much until then. I think he will be a much better overall WR than Jackson

16. K Train

i think harvin has some serious potential to be great, especially in that offense. but i dont look at him as a full time wr as much as i look at him as reggie bush

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The main question seems to be how he will run all these routes that he didn't have in college.

18. K Train

they will do what they did with jackson, just kinda throw him in there and tell him to get open as they bring him along and it worked well with jackson

19. Jihad Joe

Harvin = Felix Jones with a crapty attitude and spackle bones

20. Jihad Joe

Thats why I think it will take a couple years for him to "arrive"