Jay Cutler Campaigning For Brandon Marshall Trade?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Jun 23, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Like Jay Cutler -- traded by the Broncos to the Bears in April -- Brandon Marshall wants Denver to trade him. The prospect that the Bears, who reportedly might be interested in Marshall, could bring the two Pro Bowlers back together seems to appeal to Cutler. "I talked to 'B' a few days ago," Cutler said during an appearance Monday at William and Mary's Colonial All-Pro Football Camp. "Just cfreaking in on him and seeing how he's doing, because I went through a similar thing that he's going through. I played with Brandon for three years and I think he's one of the best receivers in the NFL. I think he can be one of the greatest ever to play. He's big and fast, and can do everything you want him to do, on the field and in the meeting room. I don't know what we're going to do. That's up to the guys upstairs. If we make a run at him, we make a run at him."

Source: Newport News Daily Press

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

This would be a great fit for the Bears...but do the Bears have the draft picks to get him...

Would they consider sending Hester and a pick to Denver for Marshall?

It's hard to say what Marshall is really worth and that's what makes any deal involving him tricky...

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I would trade hester he wasent as great last year with returns and hes a below average receiver. What pick would it be?

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

campaign: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for;

Is it just me, or does it not really sound like he's campaigning at all...

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I agree Wide Right he seems pretty indifferent to me

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Sounds like hes just saying it would be nice but its not up to him.

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Agreed, for once Cutler is actually shutting the heck up....amazing

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Have the Broncos ever said what they would want in return for Marshall?

9. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

That trade would make the divison the Bears to lose

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That trade would turn the Bears into the Broncos, but with a better defense.

11. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

And a better Running game. And a Better OL. And Better TE.

12. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

Devin Hester isnt going anywhere. And the Bears have the 2nd round and below to offer in a trade. Yea, Hester had a bad year returning the ball last year, and a below average year statistically as a receiver, but he made strides the last month of the season and with a real QB like Cutler back there, he should be getting better and better.

I still dont think he is a number one receiver, nor do I think he ever will be, but I think he can be a solid number two and a great deep threat with the right QB. Just got done watching the NFL Replay of the Bears/Saints Thursday night game and Orton missed a chance in overtime to end the game, but he underthrew Hester after he had blown by a double team and was wide open. Thankfully Hester drew a pass interference penalty, but he had three steps on his defender and could have scored easily.

This is the advantage Cutler will bring to the Bears. He will not miss Hester when he is open like that. And getting a guy like Hester would enhance Hester's ability, that's why he wouldnt be part of a trade discussion.

13. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I can see that duo being the end of Love Smith - 'We gave him all that to work with, he must be the reason we didn't win!'
    Plus I don't know how much tow Cutler has with the brass of the team - not for any particular reason - but I doubt this will happen.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Two players? Um, ok, lol.

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Cutler and Marshall were the Broncos offense last year. Consider they had like 312 RB's in IR by season's end.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

Don't forget Eddie Royal.

The chances of this trade happening are slim anyway.

17. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I think Denver would be loking for a #2 and a guy like Hester at least...I'm not sure they'll get it but thats at least what they'd want IMO

18. DaBearsrule4ever

If thats what the Broncos would want, i'd do it. Call me crazy but to get a little, you have to give a little.

19. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Marshall is worth more but he's such a head case I'm not sure what teams will give up

20. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, thats my only concern about Marshall, how many times he's been arrested.