Judge Blocks NFL Suspension Of Two Vikings

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A judge on Thursday blocked the NFL's plan to suspend Minnesota Vikings linemen Kevin Williams and Pat Williams for violating the league's anti-doping policy, a move their attorney said should let them start the season. Hennepin County District Judge Gary Larson granted the players' request for a temporary restraining order that keeps the NFL from suspending them until their case is decided and the order also prohibits the league from subjecting them to extra drug testing. The Williamses "would suffer a significant loss of playing time" without the restraining order, the judge wrote, and they have shown "some likelihood" of winning their lawsuit.

Source: Associated Press

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Thats awesome goodell owned

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Temporarily Good News for the Vikings. Now if they turn out to get suspended at a later date, that would blow...

4. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't say that,, it's temporary and if they lose their court case it will hurt the Vikings alot more further down the road. Does anyone know when the court case is?

5. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

The date needs to stop being pushed back...thats what keeps happening. Just get it over with.......

6. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

Yea you would think Minny would just want them suspenended now instead of possibly missing more important games late.

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

unless they have a legit case

8. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

True but is it really worth the risk?

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

tough to say, I mean technically every game counts the same (except division games primarily, conference games occasionally) so if the team really believes these guys are going to win in court, then it may be worth the risk to not lose them at all, but it's definately a risk

10. Sixx

Sixx BANNED

I wonder if there comes a point when this is just quietly dropped? It's been going on for almost a year now, with one court ruling something, another ruling something else, and back and forth.

Don't forget, two Saints players are also tied into this.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm glad this happened.

12. Monietooth

Monietooth Starter

How is Johnny Jolly's court case coming along...?