Eagles Sign QB Michael Vick To A Two-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

true dat...........living in atlanta i got my fair share of seeing wide open WR being over thrown or ball on wrong side or MV would go through on read and take off running leaving OLmen bewildered

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Both of these are certainly possibilities. lol.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

:icon_cheesygrin: twinky.

HA!

3. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

None of these mofo's get it he could be the differance in a big game. there is no way he is taking the #1 QB spot. and with all the injuries they have recieved on the D, this could kinda offset that if Vick can keep the team on the field longer.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Thats why hes not gonna play QB

Im calling it now atleast once mcnabb will pass to vick and vick will throw a bomb down field.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

The first year paycheck is $1.6M.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Is he going to be able to see any time in the pre season?

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's a cheap experiment that could possibly pay dividends. Nobody knows what he can do at this point, and they are taking a chance that he could possibly help them late in the year and the playoffs.

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

weird weird deal. I don't think the Eagles need him. People have been saying that he could be a better backup, but correct me if I'm wrong, but Vick isn't even allowed to play until week 6. What good is he until then, no matter what "shape" he is in.

The only thing I can think of is messing with defenses by having mcnabb in shotgun, with westbrook in the backfield, having jackson and maclin and vick out wide and putting mccoy in motion. Crap could really cause some headaches, but at what price.

I just really don't understand the move at all. Like I said, he can't even play until week 6. Seems pretty pointless. I guess I can see how he could possibly help us, maybe and I don't really see him hurting us in anyway by being on the roster, but I just don't see the point. I'm curious as to what andy has to say about everything.

9. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Yawn. I finally got used to not typing Brett Favre's name, now this. Screw.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I honestly don't know if there is proof so I ask you, is there a video of Vick electrocuting animals or of him having admitted to giving this authorization?

11. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

:word:

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screw that. That makes me pissed. He should be grateful to have a vet minimum contract. I'm surprised Goodell didn't demand that as part of the deal.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

$5.2 million team option for 2010.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

The guy can't hurt the team, and he may or may not help the team. He could only go to a team that had that type of situation. Definitely a wait and see approach, but still very strange.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think Week 6 is definite. Goodell said he would consider reinstatement by Week 6...so technically it could come before.

I think...lol...

16. ball in the baskett

Vick should come to a preseason game holding a puppy maybe that will help get him reinstated

17. MediaGuy

He could just buy a Hot Dog from a vendor.

18. ball in the baskett

I hope he plays in preseason make it more entertaining

He doesent have any money yet remember he was poor hot dogs are freakin expensive at the linc.

plus he shouldent be eating hotdogs needs to get in shape

19. MediaGuy

We eat at tailgating, so I do not no food prices. We save our money for $9.00 beers.:icon_cheesygrin:

20. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

i really thought jerry jones would be the one to rescue him, oh well.