Eagles Sign QB Michael Vick To A Two-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Cows are tasty and dogs arent no matter how a1 you throw on there

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Has there been any discussion in this thread about what the Eagles are going to next year when McNabb is owed $11.5 million dollars, and Vick is owed $5.2 million dollars. Are the Eagles going to keep both of them? I wouldn't think so.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

They have the option to let vick go and not pay it. If we wanted to we could we have alot of cap.

4. ragman

You're assuming that there's going to be a season next year. There may not be one.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I honestly don't believe that the Eagles brought in Vick this year to just help him and then let him go next year because of the money. You don't spend that kind of money to just help a guy rehab, unless you're Al Davis.

6. ball in the baskett

We will see i like vick and mcnabb i want to have both after 2 years.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

So is all his money going straight to his debtors?

8. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I was not trying to derail the thread but trying to make the point besides a few laws that prevent you from doing certain activities with stuff you own you can do with it however you feel. While I would not recommend that someone goes out and buys 100 dogs and kills them they have the right to do, just like you have the right to go out and buy a gun and throw it away. It does not make sense to do so but if it makes you happy then why should the Big Brother step in.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

They brought him in to see if he can help them this year and/or next season, plus they have the option of trading him.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Stub Hub reporting that ticket sales for the Eagles-Falcons game has tripled in the last 24 hours.

10. ball in the baskett

thats awesome

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Dude.

Again.

You.

Can't.

Just.

Kill.

Dogs.

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Again, I don't know the specifics... did it simply occur at his house and with his funds, or did Vick himself actualy do all of the crap mentioned? There is a big difference between actually doing it and having an idea that some of your posse is doing it.

:laughy32:

Nah that second year is just there so that Vick feels like he will get PAID or released to find work elsewhere. If we end up keeping him I'm sure we'll sign him to a long term deal.

13. ball in the baskett

Where does that leave mcnabb though?

14. DawkinsINT

Starting QB. Vick's here to be the wildcat and a backup QB.

15. ball in the baskett

Yea but he said if the eagles sign vick long term would they sign both vick and mcnabb to long term deals?

16. DawkinsINT

I doubt they sign Vick long term. I really think they they are going to trade him if he shows value this season. They could pick up his option and then send him to the highest bidder in the offseason.

17. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

What I find funny is how the Eagles fans are reacting. They sure wouldn't be as supportive of him returning to the league if it was with any of the other 31 NFL Teams.

Personally, I cannot see how this can be a positive move for them. A team that has a legitimate shot at the Superbowl isn't going to be helped by having the media circus on their arse (even more so) for a player who will be lucky to be on the field for 10 snaps max and is probably the shadow of a player he once was (Not that he was a good enough QB anyway).

18. ball in the baskett

I would be if you read my posts before the signing i wanted him back in the league. Im probably still the only one really behind him fans here seem to be mad about it or indiffrent.

19. ragman

IMO, the with the signing of Vick, that doesn't make the long-term future of one Donovan McNabb very promising. Are they really going to pay him $11.5 million next year? They may not.

20. ball in the baskett

I think your just trying to find a way to feel good about the situation.