Seahawks, Edgerrin James Agree To One Year Deal

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by 86WARD, Aug 24, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

ProFootballTalk.com has reported that the Seattle Seahawks and free agent running back Edgerrin James have agreed to a one-year contract in the neighborhood of $2 Million. Further details in regards to this deal were not yet available.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I CALLED IT!!!!

3. BeatingU

BeatingU Rookie

Does Edgerrin have anything let in the tank? God knows we need a running game but my god, WE NEED HEALTHY LINE MEN NOT OLD BUTT BACKS!!!!!

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, it's an improvement over Julia Jones.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Did you see what he did in the playoffs?

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

They needed a running back, and I wanna see what Edge does when they play the Cardinals twice.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

well i picked him up as my 4th RB in 3 of 4 gif leagues just now i work fast. Hope he plays like he did in the playoffs.

8. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

BeatingU...how are you not thrilled by this?...He was a beast in the playoffs last year, and you know Mora will give Duckett a larger role. They now have 3 capable backs, if you count Julius Jones who im not a fan of, and Mora loves to run the ball. Seattle is going to win their division this year IMO.

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_eek:

Settle down there big guy...

:icon_wink:

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

hey watch or i will sue you HH

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Good call dude!

:cheersbeer:

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

13. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I am not sold on this being a great move for the Seahawks. He had a good playoffs but he was behind Hightower for part of the season and was giving time to rest. Even with other backs there to take the load off I am not sure how effective he will be the whole season.

14. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

as much as i was sure we needed another running back, Justin Forsett is very capable as a 3rd down/pass-catcher and Edge was on his last legs last yr. We need consistency and stability at the position - we need to draft a young'un and establish him.

15. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

saw this coming weeks ago

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'll be effective as a pass blocker for Matt Hasselback...but he's not going to be overly productive as a runner...

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

now they have too many backs and none of them play special teams. Seems like a waste of a contract.

18. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Mora doesn't trust who he has in camp and is bringing in additional insurance

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!!

The exact same reason Marvin Harrison's not on a roster. No one wants a 2nd or 3rd WR that's not going to contribute to special teams. Same issue here...and it's not like he's a great runner anymore. He's great for the pass game as far as picking up blitzes goes, but he's not a necessity...

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Who has him in their FF draft?