49ers Draft Pick Michael Crabtree Serious About Sitting Out?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by 86WARD, Aug 27, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Former 49ers cornerback and KPIX game analyst Eric Davis said that wide receiver Michael Crabtree is willing to sit out the season. Speaking to Greg Papa of Chronicle Live on Wednesday, Davis said, "They feel as should they should get more than where they are slotted and that's going to be difficult to do. There's a certain system in place and the 49ers organization is going to stick to that system. It's going to be difficult to get anything worked out." Davis knows people in Crabtree's camp, which might be his old teammate Deion Sanders, who's close to Crabtree. Davis wasn't sure if the continued holdout was motivated by Crabtree or his agent, Eugene Parker, but he did say this: "Eugene Parker is not the football player. Eugene Parker works for Michael Crabtree, the key phrase here is 'works for,'" Davis said. Also Davis believes Crabtree might go through with his holdout threats. "When I first heard of this situation, I said, 'No way.' But after talking to people within his camp after getting to know a little bit more about his background, he's in a position, he seems to be strong enough, he seems to have a circle around him that are comfortable with him sitting out. It could actually happen. I don't know how it's all going to play out, but there's a possibility."

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

2. alkaholik

alkaholik Jack Daniels is my god

3. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

An idiot. What does he think will happen if he sits out. He'll go in the 2nd round next season, and be paid less.

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

He ain't going in the 2nd next year.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

this kid is getting the worst advice ever
    and it its not the advice, and its the kid
    heck thats sad

6. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

So if Deion is in his "inner circle" (dumbass,) is he going to be paying for this kid to live during the offseason?

If I'm the 49ers,I say heck it. Pull all offers off the table and let the little snitch sit. What would be even better is if they draft him in the 3rd rd next season and let him sit some more.

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!!! Either that or start decreasing the offer...heck him...:icon_twisted:

9. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

freaking moron

10. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I would love to see him suit up and then see him go through a thiesman type leg break!!!:icon_twisted:

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:icon_eek: no one should ever experience that type of injury in their lifetime...never

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

2 seconds ago he was compromising, now he isn't. What a bunch of phooey.

13. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

A rookie that hasn't proven crap shouldn't be a greedy little snitch.....ever!! KARMA!!

14. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

awesome

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

He's lost touch with reality...

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

....said the guy with 47 thousand posts in just over a year on a football forum, lol

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

What's the problem with a geek loving his Chiefs?

:icon_confused:

18. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I guess he'll bag groceries until the next draft

19. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Other successful NFL players have chose that occupation.

This guy is a doooouuuge.

20. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

it was laughable at first now i just feel bad for the niners. They invested there future in that pick they still could of taken Maclin or somebody who would of been in camp by now that just sux. Wouldnt it be funny if they Raiders end up Drafting him Next year it be histerical. Because I dont see anybody else who would draft him.