Donovan McNabb At Odds With Michael Vick's Role?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 28, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Is Donovan McNabb already at odds with the Wildcat and Michael Vick's role on the team? Take this response from the Eagles quarterback when he was asked if he thought the WildVick disrupted the rhythm and whether the offense needed to get back to basics during the first half of tonight's game with the Jaguars: "Absolutely, Absolutely," McNabb said. "I did. In that situation, it's needed. I know what we were trying to do [with Vick] and we were able to get that done. And I thought it was time for us to kind of get our offense going. After the first play when I tried to go deep to DeSean [Jackson] and threw it out of bounds a little, we started to get positive plays. We got the drive going and I think that's very important in a game, whether it's in the regular season or the preseason, to get that rhythm going. If you're going to show different looks make sure it's the right time. That's the what the preseason's for to make sure you know when that time is, and we'll get that time together. I thought it was important at that time to get out and run our offense."

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Controversy stewing.. ha.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

so after six plays with vick on the field mcnabb said that was enough. then hears chants for vick after his int.

yep, great move by the gold standard.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

The writers are just circling like vultures...

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

lol you have to love the philly news. Hes not used to it and it disrupted there rythem a little bit has nothing to do with contriversy.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

:icon_lol: These articles... already?

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

:theshocker:
    shocker

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Already?

9. ball in the baskett

You guys are so gulable he said that it threw off the rythem a bit but dident mention the part where they have to get used to it and all the good things he said about vick. Go watch the interview and tell me if any of this bullcrap sounds true cause i watched it and he wasent saying that.

Screw the media they deserve a c**t punch for already starting crap when theres nothing

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Right baskett. Read between the lines. Here's what I think. I don't think McNabb wants or likes Vick being on the team. I don't care about all the vick gushing interviews he did, I believe it was all a bs. I think each time Vick does good and McNabb does bad or just ok it will dig under his skin a little more. This is not the last of these little remarks. The only way this works is if Philly is winning so much and so big that everyone is high and happy. What happens if McNabb struggles a bit in the first few games then Vick is reinstated fully...

I'm sure he loves the "we want vick" chants... already.

11. Crowned

Right Dev, but no one in McNabb shoes would be too thrilled about someone trying to take their job and not to mention the fans turning towards Vick.

12. ball in the baskett

Meh we will see i dont think theres a problem and if he has a problem with it hes stupid because he lobbied to get vick. 5 plays for vick doesent ruin your rythem its just an excuse. 3 of the 5 plays were for pretty good gains so it only helps.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Gullible??? Hey dude the news is coming from Eagle country....we're not the gullible ones...:lmao: oh and BITB if you really believe that McNabb lobbied to bring Vick into the Eagle organization than you more gullible than anyone here...

14. ball in the baskett

Im responding to the posts like already? and this was expected. That means you guys believe this article that theres problems already.................unless you were being sarcastic

15. Crowned

This.

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

As I said the news is coming from Eagle country...San Jose Mercury News in San Jose Calif. didn't scoop this...again we're not the gullible ones you're the one saying McNabb lobbied for Vick...now that is funny.....you're an Eagle fan and you believed that:lmao:

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Sweets you know baskett wants Vicks love child. He is like Jesus to him for all you non-jews. As for McNabb wanting Vick, why would he want someone who could potentially take his job(which I seriously doubt)?

1 person likes this.
  18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

of course it wasn't true but they figured it would go down better if they said McNabb said he wanted Vick...ridiculous.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

baskett you're blind kid. you truely are blind.

20. ball in the baskett

We will see how it works out