Packers NT B.J. Raji's Fails A Test On His Ankle

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Sep 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If nose tackle is the most important position in the 3-4 defense, the Packers might have a little adversity to overcome when their unit makes its regular-season debut Sunday night. First-round draft pick B.J. Raji, the only reserve at nose tackle behind starter Ryan Pickett, was one of three players to sit out practice Wednesday. The team tested Raji's left ankle, which he sprained Sept. 3 against the Arizona Cardinals, on Tuesday with the hope he would be able to practice. "It did not go as well as we would have hoped," coach Mike McCarthy said.

Source:
    Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That isn't good news. How about his durability? Will he become another Harrell?

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That sucks.

I still think they win.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

no hes very durable....this is pretty good that they arent forcing him to return....the packers d looked great during his hold out so i wouldnt be too worried.

i just question him being effective as a full time NT especially with AJ hawk and nick barnett not being perfect fits either....i would think they would have to run a somewhat gimmicky version of a 34