Breaking Point

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Aug 25, 2009.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Damn it!

2. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

It won't just be about the ppv sales on the night, even these crapty ppvs still sell a reasonable amount of dvds and they must need new stuff to go along with the 3 disc greatest hits of compilation of <insert random wrestler or team name here> that gets plugged all the time.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

True

i havent bought a ppv dvd since no mercy 07

I really do like the best of dvds though

4. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

They spotted it was another match where neither wrestler actually knew a submission move and rather than ignoring the stupid point of the ppv they dumped what would have been a very interesting match.

5. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Updated Card:

Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena in a "I Quit" match for the WWE Championship. If anyone interferes on Orton's behalf, he will stripped of the title

Chris Jericho & The Big Show (c) vs. M.V.P. & Mark Henry for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship

World Title: (Submission Match) CM Punk (c) vs. The Undertaker

Shawn Michaels & Triple H vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase in a Submissions Count Anywhere Match

The Great Khali vs. Kane in a Singapore Cane match

ECW Title: Christian [c] vs William Regal

US Title Match: Kofi Kingston [c] vs The Miz

To place bets on this event, go here

6. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

Even with the amount of time the undertaker's entrance takes, that does look like each match is going to get a reasonable amount of time and the ecw match might go beyond 10 seconds this time round. :icon_smile:

7. orpheous

orpheous T.P.A Falcon

seems like a good one tonight,..... we will see

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i cant believe that William Regal is in a title match

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

He's a bloody good wrestler, and him and Christian could make a great match if it wasn't for the fact that ECW gets held down in PPV's. It be nice if they gave Regal a new gimmick though, British Snob Stereotype gets a bit tiresome TBH.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, sadly, it took putting Regal on ECW to give him a very good shot at a world title. On raw or smackdown, forget it.

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

hes wrestling is fantastic, i agree
    i just didnt realize he was being pushed in ECW, when i watched wrestling daily, he was just another low level guy

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Any Results?

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

the john cena match is going on now thats the one i put money on. If he loses me money 2 ppvs in a row ill be mad

14. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

It's quite an odd choice really, maybe he would have been better in more of a mentor role in his group and having a younger guy being the one going after the ecw belt and the other two being the next ones to go after the tag belts.

15. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

Results:

Chris Jericho & The Big Show retained the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship as they d. M.V.P. & Mark Henry

Kofi Kingston retained the US Title as he d. The Miz

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase d. Shawn Michaels & Triple H in a Submissions Count Anywhere Match

Kane d. The Great Khali in a Singapore Cane match

Christian retained the ECW Title as he d. William Regal

John Cena d. Randy Orton (c) in an "I Quit" match for the WWE Championship

CM Punk retained the World Title as he d. The Undertaker in a Submission Match. Teddy Long says that the Hell's Gate was banned on Smackdown a long time ago by Vickie Guerrero, so the match has to continue. The bell rings and Punk attacks the Undertaker. Punk locks in the Anaconda Vice out of nowhere and the bell rings. The ref and Punk both book it to the ramp with the title. To make things clear, the Undertaker did not tap but the bell did in fact ring and the ref announced CM Punk the winner. The PPV ends with Punk celebrating with the title at the top of the ramp while Long looks toward the ring. In the ring, the Undertaker stares up the ramp at Long and Punk.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

Teddy Long becoming a heel GM? Hmmmm.

17. orpheous

orpheous T.P.A Falcon

Cant believe DX lost!!!... good for cena FINALLY, and i cant believe the outcome of the undertaker match, they should never do that in pay per views

18. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

Can't believe they did that, did you not see cena/orton in the previous ppv then?

The finish was lame, but you could see it was probably going to be something like that with how little time they gave that bout, shocking for them to actually have some continuity from so long ago, not to mention the history montreal has with screw-jobs at a ppv.

As far as Teddy Long, I hope its just another way of trying to convince vince as the biased GM is just so old.