Rodney Harrison Calls Bills WR Terrell Owens A Clown

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by nastynate184, Sep 10, 2009.

1. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Rodney Harrison announced his retirement this summer, ending the 15-year career of one of the hardest-hitting safeties of his era. During an interview with WEEI's "The Dale and Holley Show" this afternoon, Harrison directed some pointed comments at Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens. "I'm pumped about T.O. opening up his big mouth about the Patriots," said Harrison, who has joined NBC Sports as a studio analyst on its "Football Night in America" program. "I can actually put a bounty on T.O. if I wanted and not get in any trouble." Harrison said that Owens is a "phenomenal" player, but his accomplishments are obscured by his off-the-field antics.

Source: Chad Finn, boston.com

2. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Terrell Owens a clown? Try Chad Johnson/Estaban/Ocho Cinco/whatever else he calls himself. don't the nicknames say enough?

3. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

^ They are both Clowns.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

He knows its true so he calls him a clown.

freaking cheater

5. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

TO would school Harrison.

6. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Ehh...I don't see how Terrell Owens is all that much of a clown.

7. Wacko4Flacco

He has done stupid crap during the game. Spiking the Football on the Dallas Star.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Please tell me that is sarcasm.

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

It's not. A lot of things he does are overhyped by the media, he isn't that bad if you ask me. I'm not saying he's an angel or anything but I wouldn't think of him as a clown.

10. Wacko4Flacco

How was the spiking of the ball on the Cowboys Star overhyped by the media? The Cowboys were pissed by that.

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Tell me where I said that was overhyped by the media. ;)

12. DawkinsINT

Sit-ups in his driveway for the media. That's a clown.

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude TO IS A CLOWN. If it wasn't for him there would be no rule for excessive celebration because OchoCinco and all those other guys would not have done with the big celebrations.

14. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Meh. I don't think so but hey, we're entitled to our opinions.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Uhh...many other players long before Terrell Owens did silly/crazy touchdown celebrations. He didn't invent it.

15. DawkinsINT

Your definition of clown must consist of only the circus children scaring type.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Never said he did but he did take it over the top. Now before you get all defensive remember what a clown is supposed to do. Act a fool for the amusement for others. TO does that.

17. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Or the idiots getting in trouble that can't help but break the law.

18. DawkinsINT

I thought at first you were only not thinking of him as a clown based on his off the field antics. On the field, without question he's a clown.

Grabbing pom-poms from a cheerleader, imitating Ray Lewis' celebration on one of his TDs, how is that not a clown? I have zero problem with his celebrations, but it's definitely acting like a clown.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Oh, ok. That's not the definition of clown that Harrison was talking about though. There's where the confusion was with what you said.

19. Wacko4Flacco

Or someone who continually is sticking his foot in his mouth by saying stupid crap.

20. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I'm not all defensive, haha, I'm chill dude...

Alright, yeah that is a definition of a clown but I think of the definition a little differently. I'd consider something like Donte Stallworth's drunk driving accident mistake as something to think of him as a Clown for. I can see where you're coming from but I just don't think TO's a gigantic Clown of the league, for a few silly touchdown celebrations. It's not like the dude is out causing a huge ruckus outside the field like others are.