Titans Vs Steelers - Season Opener

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Sep 7, 2009.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2009.
  1. Titans

42.2%
  2. Steelers

57.8%
  1. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

damn you Tennessee

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

the run game can only go up from here....now i have a few things to say

willie parker is pure crap, mendenhall was better tonight even though he didnt do rod either...parker legit ran so he could fall down, he looked slow and blind. parker has also been useless against a decent team...the ravens, chargers and titans i think he might barely have 100 career yards against them in his combined career. Moore was only in the key situations because hes the best blocker and probably the best recieving back....not to mention they made it clear the run was completely abandoned. this oline is not built for short yardage though. Please, just cut parker weve got all we can get out of him.

woodley was dominated in the last matchup, tonight he freaking crushed. and while we could rarely get to collins the pressure was sensational.

parker is pure crap

holmes completely hammer fisted the titans DBs....it was almost unfair to watch. hes poised for a huge year...superbowl was no fluke.

mike wallace is gonna be a good one

justin hartwig is the worst center in the league

troy will miss time but he probably did (like collinsworth said) made the probowl tonight regardless.

they have 10 days to get their run blocking together and hopefully cut parker....but the bears run heavy offense plays right into the hands of the steelers defense.

big casey was rumbling tonight....good to see

hopefully we get timmons back to counter losing troy

parker remains worthless

Daniel sepulveda is a monster....and logan is just an exciting little player

3. Puggs

Puggs Special Teamer

I know there are alot of fantasy teams that took Steelers "D" as one of the top three in the league but without Troy, The "D" will probably be just average

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

nice job brakos for predicting the score dead on
    13-10

5. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Good guessing!

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mendenhall and Parker are crap. I agree with everything you say about Parker. If Parker is one on one with a guy, which he was several times, he's got to make that guy miss and get to the next level. He didn't even come close. The one that comes most to mind was when he went to the left and tried to bounce outside only to be shoe strung by Fuller. But Mendenhall is just as bad. I've never seen a RB go butt first into the line TWICE in one game...pathetic.

Where's Redman when you need him...lol...

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

We need a runningback who just hits the whole quick and gets at least 2-3 yards everytime, the run blocking is poor and I think the pass blocking will be solid from here on out. Offensive line looked sick in pass blocking 4th qtr and OT.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

The O-Line looked really good blocking the pass in the preseason...of course, they looked like crap in the run game...

23 rushes for 36 yards...not good. Thanks for the 75 yards run in Super Bowl XL Willie, enjoy your last year in Pittsburgh.

9. Crowned

Hopefully Moore will be in the game a lot more often now since he is our best shot right now and he can block better then any of them. Not to mention he's a great checkdown for Ben.

10. K Train

yeah pass blocking was excellent when they were only rushing 4....other than that it was pure crap.

they literally could not open a lane, for anyone...i have a hard time believing they will ever be THAT bad again especially since tenn is very disciplined at controlling their gaps that its its impressive

also i dont know if i mentioned that frank summers is probably the worst FB ive ever seen, so glad we drafted him

all running backs were crap, moore played passing downs because frankly hes the best for those situations. i hope to see alot more of mendenhall in the coming weeks cause parker looked slow and extra terrible.

11. Crowned

Why not play David Johnson at fb? He is capable of blocking 2 people a play while Summers is stumbling looking at the ground and missing everybody.

12. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

Both teams had opportunities to win this game and crap it up. The Steelers run game looked like crap. Both teams need to learn how to line up correctly. There were way to many calls for that penalty. I didn't understand one bit what the hell the Titans were doing at the end of the game only rushing 3 or 4 guys leaving Big Ben all that time to find some one open. The Steelers just marched down the field. All in all I liked what I saw from both teams because if they both play like this the Ravens should easily beat them.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

It's the first game of the season, the Ravens by no means have this in the bag.

14. Wacko4Flacco

All I am saying is they both have to do some serious improving.

15. Crowned

3-0 vs Baltimore last year, looking exactly like we did last night.

16. Wacko4Flacco

You apparently didn't watch the Ravens this pre-season with a much more open style of game plan.

17. K Train

i bet balitmore is looking at a top 15 pick next year....they are no way better than the steelers or titans. weve never run the ball against balitimore.....not as long as willie has been back there

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

playing against extremely conservative preseason defense. its good for you to be excited about your team, but come on lol

18. Wacko4Flacco

Are you telling me the first team defenses that were out there against the Ravens 1st team offense, especially in game 3 of the pre-season were playing conservative?

A top 15 pick? Are you kidding me. The team has improved from last year with Rookie Oher in there and they are going to be getting a top 15 pick. So you are saying they will not make the playoffs? Come on.

19. K Train

i would be comfortable in saying they will not make the playoffs. those receivers scare no one, flacco wants no part of pressure situations and as they start to not baby him so much he will look more and more like derrick anderson. you dont have to believe me, but the ravens are in no way among the elite and have not gotten better on defense losing som key players, a great d-coordinator and getting yet another year older

20. Wacko4Flacco

So do you think the Titans will make the playoffs?