Titans Vs Steelers - Season Opener

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Sep 7, 2009.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2009.
  1. Titans

42.2%
  2. Steelers

57.8%
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd take an over the hill Lorenzo Neal before starting Summers and/or Johnson. Summers was horrendous. They could get Neal signed before anyone else if they really wanted him. The problem with Parker and Mendenhall is they don't hit the hole running. Too much hesitation. The one time Parker did and he gained any yards was when Hines tackled the guy around his neck. Mendenhall wasn't any better...he's looking more and more like a Tim Worley clone every day. I'd love to see Mendenhall succeed, but he's shown very little to me so far. Nothing to build on...

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Vanilla Defenses.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

no your wrong...it wasnt hesitation...there was literally no holes to run through, the titans played the most disciplined gap control game ive ever seen. any hole had a titan in it throughout the whole game.

willie looked incredibly slow though....just in general

im pretty sure summers didnt land one block, davis want good but he was nowhere near that bad

4. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I don't know what that means.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Same thing ktrain told you...

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Vanilla - plain (also see: Bruce Arians)

6. K Train

completely dumbed down, simple, base defenses...no blitzes, not exotic schemes, nothing but base defense. thats the only think flacco can pick apart, which is why he did it in the preseason

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I hate over time games....

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Nah, there were holes here and there. For the most part, the Titans played the gaps perfect, but there were some holes that opened up. Willie would think about the hole and try to bounce outside to the Titan side instead of going inside behind the Steelers blocking. That hesitation allowed the blocker to easily break free and make the tackle. He did it several times and was tackled every time. He's lost the ability to beat a guy one on one. There was also a play where he thought about bouncing out, cut back to go inside and by the time he got back inside, Fuller was there to stick him. In the past, Willie wouldn't need much of a hole to zip through and gain 7, 8, 10 yards...he's not doing that anymore.

Uncomplicated...see K Train's answer above...

:laughy32:

Unfortunately it's true. But hey, they ran a fake reverse to Wallace and then threw it back to him...it's not Rainbow Colored Sprinkles or Jimmies, but it's something...

9. K Train

3 RBs getting multiple carries and averaging in the sub 2.0 range is a big knock on the line. although summers was the worst player on that or any other field last night

10. Crowned

lmao it's a vanilla bean...

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Summers is just bad...he's got no clue...

I actually liked Heath Miller back there...it gives the offense a different look and different options. We need to face it, they're just an offense that plays 11 personnel. Done.

12. K Train

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

14. Wacko4Flacco

Hey 86Ward~I been meaning to ask you this. How were you feeling last night when Hines fumbled on the 5 yard line? I know he sure looked like he was feeling like crap.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I'll answer too.....I felt bad for him because I know he was trying to punch it in the endzone for the heroic game winner ........but......I agree that if he hadn't been selfish at that point he'd have just dropped to the ground. Only player I can recall doing that in the heat of the moment was Westbrook though. It's awfully hard to stop in mid run when you're trained to go for it all.
    Glad the Steelers could pick him up and make it not matter.

16. Crowned

He's a veteran and he knew better, but thats just Hines Ward. Like I said I wasn't mad at him, because he has won us more games then he could ever lose us.

17. Wacko4Flacco

Yeah I was thinking about that after they won. He would have really felt awful if they would have lost, but really it was the Titans stupid way of not pressuring Big Ben that let him have all day to throw. The Steelers could just march down the field with that rushy the Titans were putting on.

18. K Train

i was furious, i remember he did the same thing against denver a few years ago...there was no way he was getting in the endzone, he had to spin for 6 yards and get through 5 guys....trying to be a freaking hero. could have locked up the game and gave them an extra chance.

i will say pissed off hines ward is my favorite hines ward cause he crushed all during OT

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

He rarely makes that mistake so I felt bad for him. For that one play he fumbled trying to get in the endzone, he's made 100 good plays. I was glad the team was able to salvage it for him. I don't think we will see it happen again.

I also had visions of Jerome Bettis on a lesser scale...

20. K Train

i remember when people were excited about this, saying hes a great receiver, a great short yardage back and a vicious lead blocker...mean while i was freaking out at the pick.

alot of people including me didnt like carey davis, but at least he could throw a few blocks