Bears LB Brian Urlacher Will Have Wrist Surgery

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by WC Jerome, Sep 14, 2009.

1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher is expected to undergo surgery early Monday morning after dislocating his right wrist in Sunday's 21-15 loss to the Packers. Urlacher injured his wrist in the first quarter, although it is unclear exactly how he suffered the injury. He had an X-ray at halftime and no MRI was needed.

Source: Chicago Tribune

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Just heard on ESPN that Urlacher is likely done for the year. I hope this isn't true.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

So we lose two thirds of our starting LBs in last night's game and one is likely out for the season, great. So much for Brian Urlacher being 100% healthy for the 2009 season.

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Ouch.

Hate to see guys fall out like that.

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

And they kept saying he finally healthy during the game last night.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

Funny how I remember hearing Adam Shefter earlier this morning that Urlacher would probably miss just a few weeks and play with a cast for the rest of the season once he comes back.

7. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

Damn this is messed up. Hate to see any player go down, especially the team's leader.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

Herm Edwards just brought up an interesting point. IF Urlacher is indeed out for the year, I wonder what Derrick Brooks is doing now of days. Shift Briggs over to middle linebacker.

9. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Schefter confirms Urlacher is gone for the campaign - and after Collinsworth & Michaels made so much of his being healthy finally.

10. WC Jerome

I don't why you wouldn't take a look at him. He can't be any worse than what you have right now, especially with the uncertainty of Tinoisamoa's return, as well.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Even if it's just to a one year deal, i'm fine with that. Secondly, wasn't Brooks in Tampa when Lovie was the linebacker coach there from 1996-2000?

12. WC Jerome

Yep, and there are reports that he's been training and would be ready to play Sunday, if the Bears would be interested.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

If we have to go the whole year with Hillenmeyer at MLB, I will be tearing all my hair out. (not really)

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Well, supposedly the Bears have contacted Brooks & they'd be even more of the kind of idiots they already are if they don't bring him in.

Hunter will need a gross of these on gameday if the Bears are stupid enough not to realize what'll happen to him every Sunday...

[​IMG]

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Big loss for the Bears

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

butkus would wrap it with scotch tape and play through it.

17. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Ouch, that totally sucks. I hate seeing the stars go down.

18. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

:icon_eek:Yes I just read all about it...what a cat...

19. WC Jerome

Honestly, you're probably right. I believe Singletary would have done the same thing. I have always questioned his toughness in the past, when it comes to injuries. To tell the truth, I didn't even see where he got hurt. I can't help but wonder if there is more to this story.

20. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Even though BU54 is my "hero" that's why I referred to him as a cat.