Seahawks To Face Bears Without QB Matt Hasselback?

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by 86WARD, Sep 22, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Seahawks are preparing to play without Matt Hasselbeck on Sunday against the Chicago Bears, though the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback is hoping to start despite a broken rib. Seattle coach Jim Mora confirmed Monday that Hasselbeck has a fractured rib from a hard hit in the back by 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis while the quarterback dived for the goal line late in the first half of San Francisco's 23-10 win on Sunday. Asked if he had to plan to face the Bears without Hasselbeck, Mora said, "Right now, we'll probably do that -- unless we get word otherwise." Mora did say Hasselbeck "seems to be doing a lot better today."

Source: Associated Press

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Rib injuries are no joke yo!

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

No way he can play if he truely has a broken rib. No way.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Another possible gift from the Football Gods like last week with Troy Polamalu. All this does is give us a better chance to possibly win & blow sunshine up everyone's ass, hiding all the weaknesses. :icon_rolleyes:

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think the Bears could handle the Seahawks with or without Hasselback...as long as they don't think too highly of themselves after beating the Steelers...

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Agreed, Ward especially since the 'hawks are pretty banged up beyond Hasselback. I'd just rather have our competition be as strong as possible. That's usually the best learning experience.

Don't mind me. I'm still pissed at the Bear brass for some stupid decisions in the off season.

7. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i loved how Hasselback was battling in the game. but, for him 2 run for the endzone in the middle of all those linemen and linebackers? he was stupid 2 think he wasnt risking any injuries or the hawks chances this year, for that stupid TD.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Bears better just hope that Deion Branch doesn't play...lol...

9. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Didn't we spank the Shehawks 2 years ago in the playoffs 39-14?

10. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I think the Seahawks still stand a chance without hasselbeck but it will be a good game with the Bears........

Like ward said just hope the bears dont have too big of a head after beating the Steelers.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

That was the Saints in the NFC Championship Game. We beat the Seahawks in the divisional round in OT that year.

Seriously though, with or without Hasselbeck, this will be a tough game for the Bears.