[FF WDIS] WDIS: Week 3 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Sep 21, 2009.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

2009 Week 3 Who Do I Start Thread (WDIS)

WDIS threads will be posted every Monday. All game times listed are EST, the world's time zone.

Please post any roster questions for Week 3 in this thread.
    Not sure who to start? Post your questions here. Please do not ask to have your entire lineup filled out for you.

All posts must contain the following information for you to get the best answer:

* Include your league scoring for the players in question.
    * How many do you start at that position?
    * Who are they playing?

For example:
    WDIS Thomas Jones vs MIA or LenDale White @ HOU. We start 2 RBs and my other starter is Joseph Addai.
    We get 20yds/pt rushing and receiving, td/6pts.
    =========================================
    WEEK 3 (All times EST)

Sun, Sept. 27 Cleveland at Baltimore -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Pittsburgh at Cincinnati -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Washington at Detroit -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 San Francisco at Minnesota -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Kansas City at Philadelphia -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 New York at Tampa Bay -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Green Bay at St. Louis -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Atlanta at New England -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Jacksonville at Houston -- 1 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 New Orleans at Buffalo -- 4:05 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Chicago at Seattle -- 4:05 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Tennessee at New York -- 4:15 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Denver at Oakland -- 4:15 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Miami at San Diego -- 4:15 p.m.
    Sun, Sept. 27 Indianapolis at Arizona -- 8:20 p.m.

Mon, Sept. 28 Carolina at Dallas -- 8:30 p.m.

2. wide right

Everyone pretty confident this week?

15yd/pt, no ppr, need to pick 1:

Devin Hester @ SEA
    Chris Henry vs PIT

3. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

WR I'd say Hester as much as I hate Cutler

WDIS week 3 1 pt every 10 yards 3 pt bonus at 100 yds, 3 pt bonus at 7 recept
    Steve Slaton vs Jax or Ray Rice vs Cle or Vincent Jackson vs Miami...2 of the 3...1 as a RB2 and 1 as Flex

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

WR -

Carson Palmer has a history of sucking big time against Pitt. I would start Hester as he does add a possible ST score. I know Troy is out and that could help Palmer, but Seattle's D is decimated in the secondary.

Harvs -

Rice and Vjax, I have been down on slaton for the reason that he lost short yardage and red zone duties. He really seems to only be a score threat as a big play guy. He could very well do that, but in a league that offers a bonus for receptions, I would go with Rice and Vjax with confidence.

5. wide right

:icon_thumright:

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd go with Devin Hester. Hester is always a threat to score a long TD and as mike already said, there are some major holes in the Seahawks secondary. However, Chris Henry had a couple real nice games in 2006 (9 catches for 193 and 3 TDs) against the Steelers. Since then, the Bengals offense has been awful and I think Henry hasn't had over 50 yards receiving. With Houshmanzadeh gone, maybe Henry plays a little more of a role? But I think he's injured too...

Devin Hester.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I definitely like Vincent Jackson against the Dolphins...no brainer.

I actually like Steve Slaton a little more over Ray Rice. The Jags run defense isn't great and Slaton could catch a few balls in this game. Not sure he'll hit 7 on the game, but he should catch a few. Slaton should get 100 yards, but you never know now with Chester Pitts out. Slaton is still a number one guy and solid back. Rice didn't start the second half of the Chargers game and played the role of "change-of-pace" back. I don't like that at all. So far this season, Rice and McGahee have almost split all the carries. It looks like whomever the hot back is for the Ravens is the back that will start and get the bulk of the carries in the second half of their games. But then again, the Ravens are playing the Browns, so there's a chance both of them could have nice production...lol.

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

slaton is not the redzone or short yardage back. His production has suffered mightily because of that. Rice caught five balls last week and is the team's receiving back. Slaton has 51 yards rushing and is averaging under 2 yards a carry. Rice had almost as many catches last week (5) as slaton has in 2 weeks (6). I can understand ward's backing of slaton based on last year, but this year is a whole different ball game.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Slaton went up against two teams that are very good against the run this year in Tennessee and the Jets. The Jaguars run defense isn't in the same category as either of those teams and after giving up 116 to Tim Hightower and Beanie Wells this could be a nice opportunity for Slaton to turn things around. Chris Brown will replace Slaton at the goal line, but you don't know who will get the goall ine carries in Baltimore.

So far for the Ravens, McGahee has gotten 4 goalline carries to Rice's zero. If Rice is guaranteed to get the majority of the carries, he's a no brainer. Problem is, he's not guaranteed to get those carries according to the Ravens ball distribution over the first two games. Rice has only carried 3 more times than McGahee. McGahee also only trails Rice by one reception.

If Rice is guaranteed the bulk of the carries against Cleveland, it's a lay up, but so far this season, Rice and McGahee have pretty much split the production right down the middle.

I just think this week is a good opportunity for Slaton to get back on track...both rushing and receiving.

10. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

I would post the questions my wife and I have but on the work computer I can not access the fantasy league I am in to give you the details on point system......

I am hoping that devery henderson WR for NO will do pretty good, the other WR I have arent really doing crap.

11. SweetShot03

Donald Brown Or Derrick Ward?

I am having a toss up becuase I am struggling with my running backs. I have Brandon Jacobs but he is doing crap for me so far.

Donald Brown has had one alright game and one good game.

Derrick ward is the same but has been in the game longer.

I am confused on what to do becuase I dont know how Brown is going to be able to perform.

12. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

id go with Brown, hes getting at least half the carries and hes by far the more superior back. id look for his workload to increase and hes going to take Addai's goalline carries to thanks to the lower-body power.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Addai and Brown are splitting time right now and the Colts O-Line sucks hard. 71 and 61 yards are their rushing totals so far this year as a team. The Cardinals stuck Gore with 22 rushing yards. Browns not a great choice.

Ward just got named starter so he should see the bulk of the carries in Tampa. Dallas ran for 250+ on the Giants last week, but shut down Portis two-weeks ago. He's not a good choice either.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably roll the dice with Brown, but I'd also check the waiver wire to see what else might be out there...

14. wide right

I'd play Derrick Ward this week.

15. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

thanks for the input Ward and Oxlong..I'm still stewing...I'm starting Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, Calvin Johnson and Frank Gore....just need to figure out that RB2...lol

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's a nice starting 4...they could carry that 5th player no matter who it is...

17. SweetShot03

Thanks for the input everyone.... here is my line up if you guys want to give me advice....... its decent but some people just havent been performing like we had hoped.......

I have in my starting line up
    QB: Drew Brees
    WR: TO
    WR: Deverly Henderson (any tips on him?)
    WR: Nate Burlson
    RB: Brandon Jacobs
    RB: Derrick Ward
    TE: Tony Gonzales
    W/R: Torry Holt
    K: Stephen Gostkowski
    DEF: Pitt

BENCHED:
    QB Matt Cassel
    WR: Roy Williams
    RB: LeSean Mcoy
    RB: Donald Brown
    TE: Dustin Keller
    K: Kris Brown
    DEF: Seahawks

18. wide right

Tory Holt at flex? Why? Play LeSean McCoy instead.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like McCoy, Brown, Williams, Keller better than Holt at the Flex position...McCoy should be a no brainer if Westbrook is out...

20. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

qb. payton manning
    rb. matt forte
    rb/wr. darren sproles
    wr. johnny knox
    wr. robert meachum
    te. cris cooley
    d. ravens
    k.Stephen Gostkowski

bench

Marion Barber