Is Jay Cutler The Second Coming Of Tom Brady?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BU54, Sep 30, 2009.

1. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Chicago Bears would be thrilled if quarterback keeps on that path

Rick Morrissey
    In the wake of the news
    September 30, 2009

For those of us who are Jay Cutler skeptics, what has opened our eyes the last two weeks has not been his powerful right arm. Everybody knew the guy could throw the ball far.

The surprising thing has been Cutler's ability to make the delicate pbutt. No one told us a cannon could dispense velvet projectiles. He has been so precise at times you get the feeling he could throw a football through a moving mail slot.

There are two explanations:

FULL STORY
    Is Jay Cutler the second coming of Tom Brady? -- chicagotribune.com

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

No. Not a chance. That's my story and i'm sticking too it.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I like what the Bears have in Jay Cutler BUT he's yet to even play in a playoff game let alone win a playoff game. Maybe in five years, the answer will be different.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. Next...

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this author didn't know cutler was an accurate passer?

um, jeff george was an accurate passer also and never won crap ..........

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, slow news day ?

7. redactions

redactions Rookie

Get him some receivers, and he'll be in the playoffs. Cutler's carrying the team. He needs help. Hester and Knox aren't the help he needs.

It's a hard Knox life for Jay.

8. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

My sentiments exactly!!

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

^^^Yea, that.^^^

10. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

:rofl: Nope. I don't think the media likes the taste of his nuts nearly as much either.

11. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Jay Cutler wont ever be able to hold Brady jock end of

12. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

No way. If theres anyone that kind of resembles the way Brady plays, it's Matt Ryan

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

There is a reason why McDanials wanted to trade Cutler.....because he is nothing like Brady

Cutler is more a Farve type. High risk/reward QB with incredible skills. You will get the big play, but you will risk turning the ball over. Not a game manager at all. Think about this as a comparison. Aside from 2007 which was unreal, an typical good game from Brady is 2 TD's, no picks. An typical good game from Farve is like 4 TD's and 2 picks.

You can expect much more of the latter from Cutler

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

there are QB's that make their team better (Montana) and QB's that need great WR's to help them (Elvis Garbac). Cutler needs great WR's.

15. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

apparently he doesnt. Look at Chicago. In denver he only had Marshall. Cutler made a star out of eddie royal. I think if he stayed in denver, and kept progressing foward, he'd be a brady caliber qb. Perhaps even better with that monster arm and the ability to throw on the run.

16. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Too early to tell much in Chicago but Cutler already has these rookie WRs playing with a ton more confidence based on his ability.

Still a ridiculous story line tho...

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

18. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Absolutely not Cutler hasn't done anything in this league yet. He's not a team player, he'll throw anyone under the bus when things arent going well. He has to win a playoff game before he even gets a little bit of credit from me.

19. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

The guy who wrote that article is bipolar. I wouldn't pay attention to him, one of the worst of the Chicago writers IMO.

Comparing Cutler to Brady? Really? Nah.

20. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

lol Not likely. Brady ended up in the perfect situation with the perfect coach for him and the Patriots. Culter just got here. Let's have him win 3 Super Bowls with Da Bears :icon_smile: then he could compare to Brady. He hasn't done anything in his career yet, besides have a schoolgirl shouting match with Rivers across a football field lol!!!