Eagles Pursued QB Troy Aikman In 2002

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Nov 1, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Seven years ago, Troy Aikman, a Dallas Cowboys icon, almost came out of retirement to play for the hated Philadelphia Eagles. Aikman disclosed to The Times that in 2002 -- after Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb was injured -- he was contacted while broadcasting a game and asked to replace him. The next day, he called Eagles head coach Andy Reid and politely declined the offer.

Source: Los Angeles Times

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Screw him he would make the eagles green jersey dirty.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I wonder how Cowboys fans would take to this if this happened.

4. ball in the baskett

If it was a eagle player that did that i would lose respect for him. Trotter to the skins doesent count no one cares about the skins.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yeah heaven forbid a HOF bound QB should go to Philly and help out...

6. ball in the baskett

We have a qb right now with credentials to go to the hof stats wise. Anyway why would this come out 7 years later lol

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This^^^

Next it will be Jim Brown was contacted by the Steelers in 1966. Who gives a crap.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That would have been very odd, but what does it matter now?

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He asked Cowboys fans, are you a cowboys fan? I didn't think so, so shut up.

If it had happened it would have sucked a huge fat nut, but It wouldn't ruin my memories of Aikman's days here. I wouldn't get my pantys in a bunch like the Packers fans are with Favre. They forget all that he did for that franchise and now hate him. Makes little sense to me. Favre wasn't just a Quarterback there, he did things in the community, was a friend to people, hero, etc etc. People are so shortsighted. Just because he's in different color jersey.

10. ball in the baskett

Well last time i checked this is a forum where i can state my opinion on anything so :word05:and go :violent14:

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He asked Cowboys fans so why you got it come into the discussion and try to make yourself the center of attention as usual. He didn't ask for your opinion and nobody cares if it was a reverse scenario.

12. ball in the baskett

Because i can

13. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Easy fellas.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:shock:

15. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

I remember when the Chiefs did a physical with him. I didnt want 2 see him in Chiefs red. not becuase i hated him. but, because i didnt want 2 see him hurt his health. would have been 2 sad 2 see. (even though i still hated him for that Thanksgiving loss he gave us in 1995 i think)

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Did you even comprehend what the first post said, obviously not.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I call bullcrap

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. -Scar-

-Scar- Doomship Commander-In-Chi

Big deal....

20. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick