Eagles QB Michael Vick Fine Being A Backup

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Eagles coach Andy Reid called all three of his quarterbacks last night after the trade of Donovan McNabb to Washington was completed and that included Michael Vick. "Andy said Kevin is going to be the starter and that's what it is," Vick said today. "He's the coach. He runs the team and that's what it's going to be. My job is to come in every day and ultimately try to get better and get myself ready for any role that I have to play, whether it's behind center at quarterback or wherever it may be. It's not an open competition. What I'm going to do is continue to help Kevin. Continue to help this team succeed." Vick has done multiple interviews since the end of the season, talking about potential destinations and saying that he wanted to again be a starter. He now finds himself as Kolb's backup. "I look at the situation as it's not a part of God's plan (for him to be elsewhere starting) right now," he said. "When the opportunity knocks again for me to go out and play, it'll happen and I'll be ready for it. The only thing I can do is prepare myself and be sure I'm ready to play. That's what I'm gonna continue to do. That's why I was here at 9 o'clock this morning for workouts. Whatever I'm asked to do, that's what I'll be available to do."

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Him and a certain NFL expert are rooting for a Kolb injury.

2 people like this.
  3. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Vick is garbage and people some people have way to much confidence in him...he may start again, but personally I don't think he'll ever be that great

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

One person.

5. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I know alot of people who think Vick is the next coming of Jesus:icon_rolleyes:

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

My thought is Vick was never as bad as the people that hated him made him out to be. But he was never as good as the people that loved him made him out to be either. He was an average quarterback who could make plays to win games and had no help.

7. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

I told everybody from the first day Eagles signed Vick last year that he ( VICK ) would be starting for the Eagles before his contract ended and that Mcnabb would be Traded and thats exactly what has happend.

The only reason why the Eagles named Kolb as the starter is so it wouldn't look so obvious that Vick is the future .... Think about this Trade Mcnabb and move Vick from 3rd string to Starter "Without First" giving Kolb a chance. Yes!! Kolb will have his " Little Chance" that he has earned and I agree with that to a point. Kolb hasn't really done anything, Last year he threw over 300 yards against the Kansas City Chief... Crap!!! I know of High School QB's today that could of done that... against the Chiefs... and then the Saints... well we lost that game... Damm Kolb has never gone to a ProBowl ..... Regardless of what you say VIck has gone to (3) Probowls... Lastly my prediction : Kolb to be riding the Bench for years no later than Game 5 ( And thats giving Kolb alot of Rope )........ " WE WANT VICK" WE WANT VICK"

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Michael's playing "the game." lol...

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Now explain to me how a vertical passer with terrible short/mid range accuracy is gonna run and win in a true WCO

I suggest you read up.....

Football's West Coast Offense - Basics of the West Coast Offense

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He better be fine with it considering the damn roster bonus we paid him.

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Bruh, get real and lay off the crack.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You're out of your damn mind, aren't you?

13. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Please read my last post of some people think Vick is the next coming of Jesus:icon_rolleyes: POINT MADE!!

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Well, I will say this... I actually hope all of GJDMQYB's dreams come true. (due to play, not injury) :icon_lol:

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

i am convinced you are a raiders fan. i demand you remove the eagles icon and come out of the closet with your shoulder pad spikes.

1 person likes this.
  16. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Mike Vick should be happy that he even still has a job in the NFL. If I was a GM I wouldnt sign him

17. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

nice:icon_cheesygrin:

18. SteelerDss

SteelerDss Steel Master

Vick being a number 2 QB will get him more playing time. That is what he needs to be able to get into a good rhythm and show us if he still has that elusive speed and if he can improve as a passer.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

what ? :icon_eek:

20. 1usctrojan

1usctrojan Guest

I refuse to attend a game when he is in the stadium...including my own team. Garbage human being, and I'm certainly not an animal lover, I just abhor cruelty in any form.