Steelers Not Interested In Signing Free Agent QB Marc Bulger?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 6, 2010.

1. According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers are not expected to show any interest in recently released quarterback Marc Bulger. Add the Steelers to the growing long list of teams that want nothing to do with the floundering QB. With Ben Roethlisberger's availability for all 16 games in question for next year, it makes sense that they wold sniff out some options, but they already have developing youngster Dennis Dixon and recently signed veteran Charlie Batch for insurance.

Source: RotoTimes.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

Is the fact that teams aren't showing interest in someone really news? I have seen that the Jets and Steelers aren't interested in him now, do we need to do this 30 more times?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's actually been publicized several times that Arizona and Pittsburgh have been rumored landing spots for Bulger...so yes, this is news.

I'd like the Steelers to at least talk to him and see what's going on with him...

4. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

I hope they don't even entertain the idea. The dude has been beaten up as a starter behind O-lines. He won't do any better behind our line since he is completely immobile. Batch has proven more than capable and Dixon is on the rise. The Steelers don't need to waste the money.

Think Kent Graham...

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm fine with Dixon but Batch is just awful...he may have proven he was capable two/three years ago, but recently...he's proven to be incapable.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

It wasn't really publicized, it was rumor, but only because those were likely destinations based on where he's from and where might have a chance to play. I don't think he's mentioned who hr will/won't play for, he'll end up taking whatever he can get. Maybe the Jags need somebody..

7. SteelerDss

SteelerDss Steel Master

I am glad they do not want Bulger. Dixon showed that with a little more playing time, he could be a really good QB. If Ben keeps getting into trouble, Dixon just might get that time.