Official 2010 GIF Draft Talk Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

3rd Round for Spikes...

Brandon Siler was another big florida linebacker prospect expected to go in round 2 or 3 and look what happened to him he didn't go till the 7th. And he had nice measurables.

2. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I have decided I would not be opposed to Clausen at #6 and Tate at #14 to create an all ND passing attack (Carlson).

I'm getting more and more fond of Mays too. If we can get a Free Safety with deep coverage skills who can cover his weaknesses he can be let free to go tackle things.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

That's the thing, Mays tends to just hit as hard as he can rather than making a proper tackle.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

That's the case with alot of young talent these days.

5. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

That's exactly what our defense lacks. A "hammer". We have a group of solid wrap up tacklers - Lofa Tatupu, Aaron Curry, Leroy Hill, Jordan Babineaux, Josh Wilson, Lawrence Jackson and Patrick Kerney - but nobody who really "brings the wood" to make teams afraid to throw over the middle.

We need a little toughness and a bit of a mean streak in the secondary.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Are you ok with having a guy that will whiff on a big hit as much as he'll make them?

7. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Yep, because like I said, we have solid tacklers to make up for his weaknesses.

I've been watching some tape of him, and he is a force against the run. Even when he doesn't make the tackle, his reputation as a big hitter can force the runner to run east-west rather than take the contact.

He also tends to go for big hits rather than attacking the ball in the air. If he can pop it up, at the NFL level the FS will be all over that rebound.

8. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Is there enough interested parties to do a GIF-wide mock draft with the fans from each team picking for their team?

(eg all the Rams fans discuss who to take between themselves, vote on it if necessary, then post the pick in the draft thread, then it is the Lions fans turn)

9. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I'd definitely be down for that....maybe someone just throws up a thread and people volunteer to take a team. There will be teams with many fans, and other teams with no active fans.

10. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Ok...I'll do it.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

thoughts on demarcus granger? one of my favorites personally for this move in a blowout game....bs call

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtXBIRVmEnk]YouTube - Granger Gets Hurt - Totally uncalled for[/ame]

false start....he banged his man, thats what your supposed to do

anyway he was one rated higher than mccoy (who i think sucks anyway)

anyway, hes a high risk high reward guy that i would take in a late round being he recovered from back surgery

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Roy should have better insight than me

Granger is a guy I dont know much about, but from what Ive heard from some Big 12 guy's, he seems like a guy that has a NT's body, but not a NT's game.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Anthony Davis seems to be slipping into the late first.

If you are looking LT and him and Charles Brown are the top guys, who do you go with

Its a hard choice for me. Davis is the higher rated, and better overall player. But Brown may be the best pass blocker in the draft. Davis's attitude is also an issue. I would go with Davis as I dont think Brown could play RT, and Davis has that as a fall back if he fails at LT

13. K Train

davis.

he has LT skill and build....not as smooth as clady but similar prospects. he can also play guard and dominate or RT, brown is a LT only, he offers nothing on the right or the inside. hes even more of a pure LT than beatty was, especially since beatty bulked up enough to be effective on the right side last year

14. Jihad Joe

Brown is a guy that is really growing on me however.

Its just the skill set he has in today's passing NFL

15. K Train

heres my man crush mock and me conceding that earl thomas wont be there

heres my man crush mock

1. Pouncey C Florida
    2. Patrick Robinson CB FSU
    3. Thaddeus Gibson OLB Ohio State
    4. Brandon Spikes MLB Florida
    4. Al Woods NT/DE LSU
    4. Lagarrette Blount RB Oregon
    5. Ciron Black T/G LSU
    6. Obrien Schofield OLB Wisconsin
    7. Demarcus Granger DT Oklahoma

i dont really know the comp picks but i keep seeing 3 4ths so i went with it
    something like that would make me beyond happy

16. SteelerDss

SteelerDss Steel Master

It the Wilson kid any good. If so will he be there for the Steelers at 18?

17. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

The Wilson kid is awesome, and should be there for the Steelers at 18.

My man crush mock:

1a) Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
    1b) Joe Haden, CB, Florida (possible)
    2 Daniel Te O'Neisham, DE, Washington
    4a) Deji Karim, RB, Southern Illinois
    4b) Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel
    5a) Selvish Capers, OT, West Virginia
    5b) Sergio Render, G, Virginina Tech
    6) Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky

18. K Train

hes good. theres a 90% chance that hes there at 18 but he really doesnt have the value to take that high imo with a second round littered with corners

19. Jihad Joe

That would be a stellar 4th K Train

20. K Train

it would never happen...why would they do something that good when they clearly hate me