These Forums Will Be Gone On June 1st

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

...WTF?

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

hmmmmmmmm

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

so what's your vision for the future of GIF Steve?

4. SRW

A NFL news blog.....no forums at all.

5. andy82

Well that's a massive shame to be honest. I understand all the issues that there has been with various stuff, just it's a real downer that it has come to this.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

nice to know everyone

7. SRW

All it took was some support from the members and it never came. I am done doing this at a loss. Time to scale it wayyyyyyy back and move to a smaller server.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Well it was great knowing everybody

9. andy82

Are you going to release any more details on this new format of GridironFans? Actually rather intrigued by it.

10. SRW

Think of GridironFans with only the Latest NFL Headlines forum. You will be able to reply to news stories. There won't be open forums to start new threads. The only people who will submit content will be the NFL news reporters.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

there and back again....:icon_cry:

12. :word:

13. SRW

14. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

saw it and it doesn't matter steve.....not here for post counts or rep system. always was here for football news and uncensored chat. I used to ues that uncensored for saying what I wanted and now I can use it for being able to freely express my Christian beliefs. I will miss that and all the awesome people that I've exchanged ideas and view points with. I'll still come and post on football forum but will miss all the other stuff. I was here when you started this board and saw how far it came with a lot of hard work on yours and sweets' part and others...Olly for sure....sad to se this change but fully respect and understand why you'd do it too.

15. andy82

To be honest, for what I use this site for, I don't think I would mind the new format too much personally. Some elements I'll miss but otherwise, I think the positives will outweigh what we lose IMO.

16. SRW

Thank you for the kinds words Doug. It's too bad that more members didn't share your feelings because if they did we wouldn't be at this point.

17. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm with you Andy. the main reason i'm here is to discuss nfl football. as long as i can still discuss nfl games/nfl news, i will continue to be here.

steve, i'm sorry your vision for GIF wasn't fulfilled to your satisfaction. However, I for one, am familiar with most of the football sites out there and can say that GIF has always been the best. And I feel confident that it will continue to be the best even if it doesn't have all the 'extras'.

18. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

Will there still be the NFL discussion forums?

19. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Well heck this. Glad I "donated" all that money for freaking nothing.

themush11@yahoo.com

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I'll be here all day. There are 3 "members" on here as of 1:24.

Betcha it doesn't get any better.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  20. andy82

That the one thing I feel bad for is the guys who have contributed quite a large amount of money (Amounts of money that I earn in a month) to see it effectively close down soon afterwards.

I admit that it's difficult for SRW to keep it running for a loss, but I can't help feel more sorry who out of goodwill contributed...only for it to go to waste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.