What 49ers Player Would You NOT Mind Getting Rid Of?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

You're a 49ers fan and you have a guy you love, but what guy that has a realistic shot of making the team just does nothing for you?

You don't necessarily have to be a 49ers fan to answer this question, the answers could be quite interesting.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Alex Smith, the guy is a nice guy but his mechanics suck to high heaven and he has no long ball.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Kinda OT, but how have the Big 12 DB's played

Tarrel Brown and Reggie Smith?

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Michael Robinson

5. Toss up between Brandon Jones & Jason Hill. Josh Morgan clearly has the hold on the #2 job alongside Michael Crabtree.

Both played sparingly last season and weren't productive.

I'll go with Jones because of his contract.

6. Brandon Jones is as good as gone.

7. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

I'll pick only from starters to make it interesting. My vote would be someone on the interior o line. Now one of them, prolly baas is going to be replaced by iupati, but when your rb is getting tackled in the back field 1/4 of the time, someones gotta go. For a power run team thats just amazing.

8. game4u2play

game4u2play Rookie

m-rob,alex smith,adam snyder,nate clements,isaac soapoga. the first three are terrible, and the last two we need to upgrade because we can do better!

9. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i think he did pretty good last year but reggie cant get onto the field

10. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

I agree about Alex Smith. He sucks.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

probably literally

11. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Jones. Never understood that signing.

12. in case the rookie WR's didn't perform well.

13. mixpix

mixpix Rookie

I would have said Issac Bruce but he is gone. i didn't know he had left or decided to retire. There are some aging defensive players but they apparently still have game or they would be gone. The 49ers rely on their defense more than their offense but with hopefully the emergence of Alex Smith & Crabtree, they'll be able to take some of the pressure off of Gore. I wouldn't get rid of Smith simply because of being a#1 pick & never got any continuity as far as coaching. He faced a different coordinator every season he played. Of course the patience is running out on him so he has to come through or he is gone. I wouldn't have picked a QB at #1; Arron Rodgers was on the board for a long time so the 49ers conceivably could have picked another player of need & picked either Rodgers or Smith on the 2nd round. It was poor drafting by the 49ers then but I think their franchise is coming around & have good shot to win their conference this year due to the Seahawks & Arizona facing some uncertainty. I am certain the Rams won't be on the radar unless Bradford turns into superman.