Ravens Sign Ex-Cowboys FS Ken Hamlin

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Saintsfan1972, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Former Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl safety Ken Hamlin reached agreement on a one-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Hamlin finished with 74 tackles, no interceptions and four pass breakups in 2009. His 2010 base salary was scheduled to be $5.596 million before he was released. Last season, he missed four games with a high ankle sprain and was replaced by Alan Ball. At the time, coach Wade Phillips praised Ball's work for getting the secondary in place and for making plays.

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I like the player, but I don't think we really have the need. Even with Reed hurt, we have Landry, Zbikowski, and - from what I've heard - an almost healthy Nakamura. Maybe this means Landry is gone, or Nakamura's or Reed's injury is worse than initially thought. In any case, I doubt we go into the season with 5 safeties. And I think Zbikowski is Reed's backup no matter what. He was great last year filling in.

3. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

Nakamura could start the season on the PUP list. Also Nakamura and Zbikowski can play special teams so the Ravens might be more willing to keep themn

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Good Luck Ken.

5. Ken Hamlin= Mr. Invisible

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not a bad signing...it's a camp body and a veteran in the case that one of the current crop can't go considering they are all question marks of one form or another at this period.