7 Realistic Destinations For Haynesworth

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Jun 19, 2010.

?

Where Will Haynesworth End Up?

1. Raiders

17.4%
  2. Falcons

8.7%
  3. Texans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Lions

21.7%
  5. Seahawks

8.7%
  6. Bears

4.3%
  7. Giants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Will stay with Redskins

30.4%
  9. Other team not listed (explain in thread you gutless wuss)

8.7%
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

If Haynesworth ends up being traded, it will most definitely be to a defense that is almost exclusively playing a 4-3 base scheme. By my calculations, the following teams are the only ones with predominately 4-3 fronts.

CIN, HOU, TEN, NYG, OAK, PHI, SEA, ATL, DET, TB, JAX, IND, MIN, CHI, CAR

Let’s look at each one and the chances he could end up there:

Texans: I think this would be a great fit and help the Texans DE’s if Bush could figure out how to use Haynesworth properly, which would be a major question mark.

Giants: The Giants love spending money on expensive D-lineman so I could actually see this happening.

Bengals: They are building this defense with youth, so I see this as a longshot.

Panthers: They don’t bring in expensive free agent divas so this is unlikely.

Raiders: They’re not afraid to spend money and aren’t afraid of trades so this is a possibility.

Colts: The Colts pay their own players good money when they re-sign them but rarely bring in expensive players from other teams. Long-shot.

Eagles: The Eagles seem to be involved in a youth movement so I’m going to say this is a long-shot.

Buccaneers: Total youth movement. Not only is it not happening but it would be the wrong thing to do for this team.

Titans: They aren’t bringing him back. He burned too many bridges in Nashville.

Vikings: They already have a ton of money wrapped up in the DT position. They won’t bring in Haynesworth.

Seahawks: The hawks are wanting to overhaul their roster so this is a definite possibility.

Falcons: This team needs help up the middle more than anyone in the league. With Peria back healthy and then adding Haynesworth would make their biggest weakness suddenly a strength. In addition, they haven’t been afraid to make some moves the last couple of years.

Lions: Imagine Haynesworth next to Suh for the next few years? The Lions would be instantly better and they certainly are overhauling their roster.

Jaguars: The Jags are desperate right now for help in their front 7. However, they are hesitant to pay big contracts so I’m calling this a longshot.

Bears: With as aggressive as the Bears have been bringing in big-name divas with huge contracts, I suppose we can’t rule this out at all.

Based on this analysis, it appears to me that the most likely destinations are with the Texans, Giants, Seahawks, Raiders, Falcons, Lions, or Bears.

1 person likes this.
  2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

He seems like a Raider to me.

3. CaptainStubing

yep, i think the raiders are a very likely desination. the bears already spent so much money on peppers. the falcons and lions both have young dt's that they probably feel are enough in the middle. the giants have so much money invested in their d-line already. and the texans don't seem aggressive enough with deals like this to make it seem realistic.

i'd say the raiders or seahawks are the front runners.

4. Unless Washington is willing to pull a McNabb of their own by trading Haynesworth within the division and the G-Men releases Chris Canty, I don't realistically see Big Al in Big Blue.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
  5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I want him out of the NFCE in case he turns it around.

6. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I voted other team....I hear him and Jamarcus Russell are starting a new team.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He isnt that expensive anymore

8. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

I don't see what value he gives the Raiders. They just added John Henderson. My vote goes to Seattle

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I see the Lions being the best place for him to land. Jim Schwartz knows how to use Big Al and get the most out of him. They would have a greatly improved interior line with Suh and Haynesworth together. I think the Lions would be willing to give up a 3rd round pick for Haynesworth. He would be happy to play in a scheme tailor made for him.

10. Jihad Joe

A potentially dominant front 4

Also Henderson isnt what he was

11. MichaelBush29

MichaelBush29 Rookie

i hope the raiders take them...i bet itd motivate seymour and henderson to play at their top level and dominate.

12. Jihad Joe

Haynesworth in that system would dominate. Henderson and Seymore would just play off him

13. CaptainStubing

the idea of suh and haynesworth together is very intriguing. it would instantly make them competitive on defense.

they would be pretty impressive with those 3 up front and it would make their LB's that much better.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

the idea of haynesworth staying with the skins is getting some votes. i can see that happening if the skins don't feel their getting enough trade value for him or if the other team isn't willing to pay all/part of the $21 mill bonus he just got.

could they get albert motivated to play though? would he just sit out the entire season?

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Send him to the blackhole his career is ready to die. Until I think of Henderson Seymor and Haynesworth, thats a pretty scary line up.

15. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I see him sitting on the skins bench until he either gets his head straight or someone gets desperate a few games into the season and gives us a good enough offer.

16. CaptainStubing

this could be correct. do you think the skins are going to demand haynesworth's new team reimburse them the $21 mill ?

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I don't think any team will give into the demands the Redskins will be asking.

18. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

There is no way in hell he leaves Washington, who would be dumb enough to pick him up, I don't even think Oakland would

19. CaptainStubing

if a team makes the skins eat the $21 mill, they would only owe haynesworth $16 mill over the next 3 years with $9 mill of it guaranteed. At three years and $16 million, Haynesworth contract is now very tradeable | ProFootballTalk.com That's not bad at all for a decent DT. The skins have paid most of the money in the front end.

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The demands is not just the 21 mil. It's also the compensation a team has to give up for a notorious lazy player who only showed up when he wanted a contract and has attitude and injury problems. It seems like anything more than a 3rd is too much. Unless it would be a conditional draft pick that could turn into a 2nd with Haynesworth having a very good season.