Vikings QB Brett Favre To Return Late In The Preseason?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Jun 19, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Dr. James Andrews, who performed surgery on QB Brett Favre's ankle, said the procedure was a success but that Favre probably wouldn't make a decision on whether he would play a 20th season for a few more weeks. That time would be spent rehabbing before Favre is healthy enough to make a decision, but there are many who feel that he will wait longer than early July to announce his intention. Head coach Brad Childress again said during the team's mandatory minicamp, which Favre did not attend, that Favre could make his decision to return during training camp. The Vikings open camp in Mankato, Minn., on July 30, and Favre is slated to make $13 million in the second year of the two-year contract he signed last year. Last season, Favre joined the team prior to the third preseason game, and many feel he will follow a similar path this year if he does return.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

LOL IF he does return? He'll be back cause the money is too tempting. 13 mil for one year? He'd be a fool NOT to come back.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i dunno. with salaries/endorsements, favre has probably made a hundred or two hundred million dollars in his career. he doesn't need the money. i sense that favre is really struggling to leave the spotlight, leave the game, etc. it's common for players in all sports to have trouble moving on with life after the game.

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Looks like we're back in time... again.

5. Evaporator

Evaporator Rookie

he should retire . when he gets old he will will be a cripple and what would that do for his commentating career .

6. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

he cant return till late preseason becuase his arthritous pills were out of stock and wont get a refill until then......

7. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

we'll hook him up with some vicodin just to get him back on the field so we can heck him up again :icon_evil: