Terrell Owens Frustrated, Surprised By Lack Of Interest

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Free-agent wide receiver Terrell Owens suggested Wednesday that his perceived character issues are fueled by the media and the reason he has yet to sign with a team this offseason. Appearing on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone, Owens was asked if he was frustrated or surprised that he hasn't been signed by an NFL team. "A little bit of both," he said. "People have listened to a lot of the commentaries throughout a lot of the media outlets, mainly ESPN, that has my character in question as far as things that have happened in the past," Owens told the radio station. "I may do 99 good things right and if I do one thing wrong, ESPN and the people on there ... make it out to be the worst thing ever." "I think with the years that I've had, the last three to four years, I feel like I've tried to turn over a new leaf," Owens said. "But still they won't let go of what I did in the past." Owens cited his good behavior with the Bills last season as evidence that he has changed. "There was definitely a lot of opportunity for me to fly off the handle with the way things went. I stayed composed." "I've heard a lot of the reasons why I'm not on a team right now," Owens said "It's because people feel I've disrupted some teams, I'm a cancer -- I've heard all those things. They've said that for the last five, six years. The teams I've been on, if you ask in that locker room how I've been as a teammate and as a person, it's contradictory to what's been displayed out there." Owens said he doesn't have a problem competing for a roster spot. He also acknowledged he might not find a team until training camps begin in late July.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010
  2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Look in the mirror, Terrell. There's your problem.

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

He will be on a team by week 1. No way does he make it into the season a free agent.

4. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Don't bust on T.O. the crybaby. He's trying to change.

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Next step will be a defamation lawsuit against the media outlets...

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

He's getting older. He's getting slower. He isn't the best teammate regardless of how much better he has been lately.

Clearly teams feel they have better options at WR. That's a pretty big slap in the face, but I love it.

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah it's only been what, 14 seasons? I'm sure he's finally about to turn that corner.

10. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Well, that makes one of us. :sw:

1 person likes this.
  11. 86WARD

86WARD -

He'll most likely get signed after Week One. That way a team won't have to guarantee him a salary and stick it on a week basis.

12. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

No, that makes two of us.

Sorry, I may be in the minority, but I'm with T.O. on this one.

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I'd take him back in San Francisco for a year, to see if he really can keep his mouth shut.

14. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

So what's the explanation? Are NFL teams really colluding against this guy for someothwr reason? Or is it the simpler answer, no one wants to take an unneccessary chance on a guy like him because of the frustrations he's caused every team he's played for? It's not a conspiracy against you, TO, it's all the bullcrap you've pulled finally eclipsing your talent and usefulness, and the people who matter know it now.

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

While he may be in great shape, and ready to play, his skill level is diminished. And no one has forgotten about his butter fingers.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

poor, poor owens. why does everyone pick on him ?

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

:lol: Dammit brakos!!! I almost choked on my tea....:icon_eek:

18. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

The reason TO doesn't have a job yet is he is asking for too much money given his eroding skills. It is as simple as that. He is just in denial. If he was coming off a huge season in Buffalo then he certainly would be drawing more interest. But he didn't, he had a crappy season. Yes the Bills offense sucked and they had no quality QB but damn even when he did get open and get the ball thrown to him he would drop it way too often.

But when push comes to shove, I am fairly confident he will be on a roster for Week 1. He just needs to realize it isn't about some leaguewide conspiracy against him. He needs to prove he still has it before teams are going to give him some love again.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

next question.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

If a team signs him AFTER Week One, they don't have to guarantee him a salary. They can give him a realistic deal and if he's trouble or they find out he's not worth the coin, they cut him when they feel the need and don't owe him the guaranteed money a veteran that is on the Week One roster gets.