Packers DT Johnny Jolly Suspended Indefinitely Without Pay

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sweets, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Johnny Jolly of the Green Bay Packers has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. Jolly's suspension begins immediately and will continue through at least the 2010 season. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement following Super Bowl XLV.

Source: packers.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2010
  2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Holy crap! Well at least now this year Jennings looks like a somewhat better pcik up for ff.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

What?

4. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

That hurts big time. So let me get this straight, he gets caught with legal drugs, a lot of them yes, but still legal, and he is suspended for a year. Someone else kills someone while drunk and can play? WFT?

5. mtzninersfan

Fantasy football...jennigs didnt have a good year cuz rodgers spread the ball around.

What exaclty did he get caught with?

6. n1gbpackfan

200 grams of codeine

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm sure it's a culmination of his always in drug trouble, getting caught in Houston with 200 grams of codeine didn't help and those were illegal weren't they?

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I know who Jennings is and FF, but that had nothing to do with this thread. Hence the What. And Jolly got caught with "On July 8, 2008, Houston police arrested Jolly for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, a second-degree felony"

9. n1gbpackfan

This is exactly what the suspension is for, the 2008 arrest

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

200 grams would be equal to taking 6,667 pills of Tylenol 3. Tylenol 3 (generic is Acetaminophen with Codeine) contains 30mg (thirty milligrams) of codeine. 1000mg (milligrams) = 1 gram.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Wow. That's just stupid. But I kind of agree that it's dumb this happens but Stallworth is allowed to play. I understand he didn't mean to kill anyone but the bottom line is that he did. Plus Big Ben rapes a chick and get's a 4 game? I think the NFL needs to sit down and have a conversation about their players and their punishments.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, you are correct. Jolly has a history and THAT much codeine IS illegal.

13. mtzninersfan

LOL oops for some reason i was thinking he was a wr...

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Yeah seriously what the heck Big Ben gets accused of raping a chick for the second time and he only gets a 4 game suspension. I'm sorry but if Ben had been accused once then I'd understand but twice, there's something happening. And Stallworth runs over someone with his car killing the person and says "I'm really sorry." and gets pardoned. That's hecked up, I don't care how many times he's been caught with illegal drugs, yes it's a bad role model but it's not hurting anyone but himself.

15. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

wow....sizzurp is all over the NFL

16. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

idiot! You freaking idiot! At least our draft makes a LOT more sense now..

17. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i dont know why this wasnt acted on eariler. two years later, i dont get it. the guy had seemed to turn it all around and atleast was playing well..... i guess the team just got younger

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I told you long time ago, that he'll be out of football and all his negotiations had been for nothing