Sam Bradford Asking For Record Contract From Rams

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by SRW, Jul 19, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Despite damage to a joint in his throwing shoulder, the St. Louis Rams selected Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford with the first overall pick in the 2010 Draft and they now will likely make him the highest-paid rookie ever, besting Matthew Stafford's record contract worth $41.7 million guaranteed. According to the National Football Post, Bradford may receive somewhere in the neighborhood of $45 to $50 million over the length of his contract before he even takes a snap in the NFL. The Rams want to get this deal done quickly in order to avoid Bradford missing any of their fall camp, which begins Wednesday, July 28 for rookies. Bradford, who won the Heisman Trophy and led OU to the BCS Championship Game in 2008-09, said he'll let his agent, Tom Condon, handle all negotiations. From all indications, he wants this deal to be finalized before camp as well.

Source: FOXSports Southwest

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

stupid?

very much so.

PLEASE fix this.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I truthfully dislike the HELL out of this guy. He's NOT WORTH that kind of money. He is not going to be a top 10 QB in the NFL and sure as hell doesn't deserve to be paid like one.

4. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Insane. Simply insane.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

not any more insane than what we paid Smith, amazing that these numbers keep going up despite the fact that none of these guys could pan out.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

jeez...seriously?!?

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

You're preaching to the converted.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

not preaching, just making a statement that rookie salaries need to come down and that again another rookie QB is going to be hugely over paid for doing basically nothing.

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes literally half the prospect stafford was, no way he should get more than stafford

10. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

It seems every year the top pick in the draft want more and more money. I mean why would you give him soo much money when you even havent seen him take a snap at the pro level

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they barely saw him take a snap as a RS junior last year

12. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

The Rams better be smart and have a whole lot of get out clauses based on his shoulder

13. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

all valid points which i agree with 100%. after you fix this lockout mess, please give us a RWS. PLEASE.

14. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

My reaction to this headline... "eww gross"

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This is no surprise. Every year the top overall pick gets a small percentage more than what the guy the previous year got. This will not change unless there is a rookie cap.

The Rams knew what they were getting in to drafting a quarterback number one overall. Any player taken first overall regardless of position was getting bank. Clearly the reason they were looking to ditch the pick.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

its been said already, a rookie cap needs to be put in place. now if only someone could convince the nflpa and their dopey leader.

17. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

It is ridiculous when unproven rookies make more then established veterans

18. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

This.

19. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Right, as much as rookies asking for record deals is unbelievably ridiculous, I have more respect for kids who try and get as much as they can, than the guys who sign a deal, then halfway through a deal that they agreed decide to holdout to get more. I find that more disgusting IMO.

But I agree with the consensus, there needs to be a rookie cap immediately.

20. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

If the owners guaranteed that the money saved by a rookie cap would be spent on vetearns' salaries, the NFLPA would sign off today. But they won't agree to anything that takes money away from the players' salary pool. Maybe after the lockout :icon_sad: