49ers OT Anthony Davis Could Be First Top Pick To Sign?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Jul 19, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There have been indications recently that San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman Anthony Davis would be the first first-round pick to sign his rookie contract, especially in the wake of his agent switch to Drew Rosenhaus. Adding to this idea on Monday is Aaron Wilson of National Football Post, who tweeted that the 49ers made a "strong offer" to Davis, although he hedges the report in saying that nothing is imminent. Still, given the slow pace of signings elsewhere, there's a good chance that Davis will be one of the first to ink his initial deal.

Source: Aaron Wilson, Twitter.com

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im kind of surprised by this, that theres even been talks at all....being he was considered by many to be the best tackle in the draft from a physical standpoint he would be one of my first picks to hold out

3. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

After the Crabtree mess last year, that wouldn't hurt to have a guy who signs in time.

4. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

And i think since the niners didnt give in to crabtree it made an example to any other players the niners drafted who want more then their value. (value based on where they were draftes)