Vikings QB Brett Favre Has No Timetable For His Decision

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Jul 20, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Brett Favre tells USA Today that Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress gave him no deadline this week for reaching a decision about whether the future Hall of Famer will return for a 17th NFL season. "If I could guarantee it, I would,'' Favre said. "Obviously, I can't make people understand what I'm going through.'' The two chatted as they did around this time last year, but Favre still has not made a decision on returning for a 20th NFL season. "The deadline? I don't know,'' Favre said. "There obviously comes a point where you've probably gone too far, where you just have to move on. He hopes I make the right decision for myself - one way or the other. Our visit was great. I think the world of him (and) his patience. He and I joked about how there were some rocky times (between them) last year. All of a sudden, we weren't sittin' on the front porch anymore BS-ing. But any good team has that. We're both competitors, that happens.'' While some have speculated that it is a matter of when, not if, Favre plays again, he said he has not reached a final decision. The reason: His ankle has not responded the way he thought it might. "After almost nine weeks, it's not where I would like it to be, but I'm working at it,'' he said. "Maybe it never gets to where I want it to be. Forty years old…three surgeries…that's all you need to know.''

Source: USA Today

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Come on! Who will buy that? Of you Lord F knows when he'll tell he's going on. And that's as soon as Training Camp is over. :redface:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Typo corrected.
    Why can't we edit post again?

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

:headspin::jiggy:

whOot wHo0T!!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

And so, we have another season of Favreapalooza.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Great question.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Timetable? No crap he doesn't have a timetable. Why would anyone think he did? Did he ever? Waste of a story and paper by USA Today...