Bengals WR Terrell Owens Says His Incentives Are "Unreachable"

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by pctrips, Aug 4, 2010.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Bengals wide receiver Terrell Owens says that some of the incentives in his contract are "unreachable." As much as $2 million of his contract with Cincinnati is tied to incentives. "No, it is what it is at this point," Owens told Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com. "I know I'm very skillful. I know I'm very productive. I definitely took a pay cut to grasp the opportunity to win a Super Bowl. Like I said I know I'm worth more than what I'm being paid. But I'm here playing with my good friend Chad and playing with a team that definitely has an opportunity to win the Super Bowl." Owens was then asked about concerns that he'd become a malcontent if he didn't reach 100 catches or other goals. "I know that's an unreachable goal. It is what it is. Malcontent? Check my statistics. I've had 100 catches one time in my career. One. So go figure."

Source: Bengals.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
  2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

stfu t.o.

"i took a pay cut ...... and i'm worth more than i'm being paid ......."

i wish you nothing but the worst t.o.

1 person likes this.
  4. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

If he wouldn't have dropped as many balls as he has he would have more than 100 catch seasons!! T.O. is a douche bag!!! Over-rated and washed up!!!!

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

can't wait to hear the TO apologists come to his defense.

6. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I can't wait for the meltdown on Cincinnati

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

And it starts already

8. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

SUperbowl? Bwahahahaa....

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

In his defense (I feel dirty) 100 catches are ALOT for a single season for a new player on a team with multiple passing targets and Carson Palmer as QB

10. Evaporator

Evaporator Rookie

hell he should feel lucky to have a job :butthole2:

11. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

on a team dominated by the run.

Hell, Cincy is smart though, avoid paying him that much money since he's only going to be around for a year.

12. Gehring53

Gehring53 2008 National Champs

And so it begins...

13. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

rofl man people complaining that he was willing to take a pay cut to play with his friend Chad

you call this the drama you were looking for, he has nothing to apologize the dude is right he's worth more then that, but he don't care geez man and I thought I was paranoid about the bad part of him showing up, he hasn't done anything and your already on his butt about saying what he's worth even though he didn't care about taking the pay cut

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

your kidding right? a Team Dominated by the run, we have one season where we focused on the Run game more than the passing game and now we are a team dominated by the run lol

just wait for Carson to have more targets more weapons that will actually do something and you will see the complete team we have been working for

people thought there was going to be a meltdown in Buffalo as well but that never happened

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

50 catches is an unreachable incentive

Screw if TO is starting, the Bengals heads are securely up their ass, and are just selling ticket/jerseys

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

You're only worth what others are willing to pay you, sure it may be a pay cut from last season, but it doesn't mean he's worth more, maybe he could have gotten a mil more to play on some crapty team but not much more.

It's just spin to make him look good, same thing with Shaq. Claim you're taking less money to win a championship.

16. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Just wait till he proves this statement wrong lol

either way. it just shows that he didn't care to fight for a higher contract cause he just wanted to play with his friend on the same team. it really doesn't matter what we think he's worth, that's what he believes and he didn't even fight for what he believes he's worth. it didn't matter to him

17. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Admirable that you want to defend your players, Mr. D, but at this rate, you'll wear your fingers to bloody stumps & be in a strait jacket by the start of the regular season. :icon_smile:

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Mr. D this year is shaping up to be way more entertaining then wide right was last year

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's funny right der.

you must have been posting from a bar.

20. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

It's funny how wherever TO goes that teams fan defends him to the death, but when he wasn't apart of their team he was a scumbag. To all the Bengals fans you can have this douchebag and hopefully he won't poison your team like every other one he's been on