Steelers QB Charlie Batch Emerging As Starter Vs. Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Sep 21, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

With Dennis Dixon scheduled to have surgery on his left knee Wednesday, Charlie Batch is in line to start against the Buccaneers Sunday. "You've got to say Charlie's in pole position because he's got a clean bill of health," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference. Byron Leftwich will compete with Batch for the starting job this week in practice, and Tomlin said he doesn't expect Leftwich to be hindered by the left knee that he sprained on Sept. 2. Leftwich, who had been slated to start at quarterback while Ben Roethlisberger serves a four-game suspension, fully participated in practice last Friday.

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Wow, the Steelers' QB situation has gotten foggier and foggier ever since the suspension was announced. My, how things change. Good thing for them that they have 3 QB's who can start a football game and play passably. Ravens will prepare for Leftwich and Batch.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I think we lose to the Buccs if Batch starts, god I can't stand these decisions... If Byron is healthy enough let him play.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was thinking they would let down this game if they came out with a victory in Tennessee no matter who was starting.

5. Crowned

I don't think so if we have Byron, it's his old team who benched him for Freeman which is added motivation. Plus we will kill their run game and force Josh Freeman to beat us.. come on man, but if we can't move the ball (example: Batch) the chances of losing the game go up big time.

6. orpheous

orpheous T.P.A Falcon

I think it doesnt matter..... I think you guys will win this game solely on your d

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree with everything you are saying...however, it's a classic "trap" game for the Steelers. Coming off a big high, big win in Tennessee and then looking forward to the Ravens at home. I marked it down as a loss on my schedule...of course I hope I'm wrong...

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Im rooting for Byron. as you all might know...

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think all of "SteelerNation" is at this time...lol...

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

heckkkkk

11. Crowned

Everything I'm reading now says whoever does better today will be named the starter, so as long as Byron's knee is good to go, I think he will easily beat out sir Charles Batch.