Cowboys Rumored To Be Switching Head Coaches Soon

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Sep 22, 2010.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Jon Gruden.........

2. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Go wash your hands with soap. Right now.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dont let the door hit you on the way out

Garrett will be the interm HC, after that, who knows.

My guess is Ron Rivera. He was really close to getting it in 2007, but Jones wanted someone with 3-4 experience to run our defense. Now Rivera has 4 years in a 3-4

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Its also a BS rumor............the Fan is a joke

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Fan isnt the ones that are saying the Cowboys are looking to replace Wade...<sigh>

5. Jihad Joe

The Fan is like PFT, and those guys are like Florie. Everything that comes out of there should be taken with a huge grain of salt until it becomes fact

6. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

first off, garrett would be a better HC than OC, his is a good coach, but his playcalling kills him a lot of the time.

8. Jihad Joe

Im one of the few people that wouldnt mind Garrett as a HC. Only problem is I dont know who he has on staff under him to call plays. Ray Sherman is a great WR coach, but was an utter failure as an OC. I think if Garrett had to call plays as a HC, he would be hecked. Which I think he would if we fire Phillips in season

If a move is made, I think Rivera will be our HC in 2011. He was close in 2007.

9. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

It is Brian Billick, Barnum and Bailey's circus continues it's America's Team Tour. Sorry Cowboys Fans. He has a ring and says all the right things except that he was in the right place at the right time. Good luck with that. Just think it is BB's time since the layoff. He wants one more shot.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

A) Pretty sure Baltimore ran a 43 at least most of Billicks tenure...
    B) Billick doesnt have experience with any defense either way, he's an offensive coach and always has been...as a head coach he's had great DC's who he let run the show on defense while he tinkered with the offense which is his supposed forte. I think the guy just got lucky with Culpepper , Moss and company personally, he was never an offensive genius, he just had loads of crazy talent that could make any halfway decent schmuck look good.

11. MRAVEN

MRAVEN 1st Stringer

Cowher's waitin' on the Carolina job ie. he lives there....

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

wow very interesting if it does happen............Cowher name has been linked to DC more than one in the last couple of yrs......

I would like this bc he would bring some much needed discipline and intensity that the team lacks right now. Maybe they fire Wade keep Garret so that a new systems doesnt not have to be put into place and hire a HC like cowher

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

wow i just read this tidbit

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
  13. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I can't see Jimmy going back to Dallas.

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Forget it, folks.

I now believe this rumor has no legs to it at all. I've been to the ESPN Web site, The Ticket Web site, and read today's Dallas Morning News Sports section, and there's nothing there about this at all.

I just think The Fan was just throwing stuff up on the wall to see if anything would stick.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I would LOVE to see the chin get the nod. That would make me very happy. He's about as overrated as an unemployed coach as they come.

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i think most coaches with the exception of few can be viewed as overrated in one form or fashion

17. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

of course ESPN isn't going to run this. they were all over the cowboy's nutz to win the superbowl...now they are 0-2 with a coach controversy. the mighty ESPN can't accept they were wrong. remember the favre c**k/croc story.....they never ran that either.